Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just picked up my 2017 mini cooper S. I purchased the nav system which includes media XL and wired package. I do not get any traffic information on the nav display, even though I have all the buttons to enable all traffic options.
I've searched the net to get a definitive answer as to why I do not get traffic in Canada, but I have not gotten one. I'd looked into coding options but still no definitive answers. I would appreciate any information from Canadian mini owners or anyone who may have an answer. I am a bit disappointed that my $1,000 nav system does not show traffic.

Appreciate your help.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had the same shock....traffic update does not work in Canada I was later advised when contacting my dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kedo. I'm going to keep looking for a solution. I have found these coders in Russia that claim to be able to code rtti with a Bluetooth connection. If what they show is true at least there is hope. I can't post a link but they are called bmwneva. They have a video also posted showing it work on a 2015 mini Cooper S.

When you buy a car in 2017 with the bmw idrive you take it for granted that it would have traffic. Live and learn.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
What city?

It's possible RTTI might not be supported where you live.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm in Toronto. Rtti is supported here, but we don't even get RDS-TMC even though there are several HD stations that transmit traffic over radio.

I think the whole traffic system might be turned off in the software.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I'm in Toronto. Rtti is supported here, but we don't even get RDS-TMC even though there are several HD stations that transmit traffic over radio.

I think the whole traffic system might be turned off in the software.
Plug your VIN in here: http://bimmer.work and see if 6UH is listed as a feature code. I've encountered some BMWs in the past that somehow escape the factory without RTTI on the build - can usually be corrected by a reprogram in Service.

If it's a US-spec MINI, I have heard that the RTTI in Canada is somehow different than the RTTI in the US. I have no solid sources for that, but...

Reactions: jorders
1 - 6 of 6 Posts