Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my way back from work yesterday, In my new SD F55 I hit a traffic jam:crying:, not sure what had happened but didn't move for about 15 minutes:crying:, My normal drive home is only five miles on Dual carriageway.
Decided to turn round and go the back way through the lanes which added another 2 or 3 miles to my journey.
Best traffic jam I have come across in years, had a blast through the bends, the car is just brilliant.
Will probably go home that way every night from now on!!! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
On my way back from work yesterday, In my new SD F55 I hit a traffic jam:crying:, not sure what had happened but didn't move for about 15 minutes:crying:, My normal drive home is only five miles on Dual carriageway.
Decided to turn round and go the back way through the lanes which added another 2 or 3 miles to my journey.
Best traffic jam I have come across in years, had a blast through the bends, the car is just brilliant.
Will probably go home that way every night from now on!!! :laugh:
Funny. Since I joined the MINI family I tend to avoid freeways. The more curves the better.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm lucky to have the best of both worlds, the Pasadena (Calif) freeway, completed in 1939.
It's part of my commute and parallels a winding (usually dry) river for about five miles.
I heard that this was done deliberately by the designers because they were afraid
that with no bends to negotiate drivers might fall asleep at the wheel.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I had some practice in the dark on unlit roads last night... I really like the LED lights and the auto full beam feature seems to work well too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts