Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My brother recently had a transmission error display stating 'Transmission (Secure vehicle with parking brake when stationary)'.

I know these modern cars especially these minis like to display an error message or two as I had my fair share, however on this occasion, the car (Auto) does not seem to have any obvious transmission problems, holds gears, and when stationary and in park the vehcile does not roll with hand brake off.

Mini have now diagnosed and have said the 'GWS Control Unit' needs to be replaced at a cost of £851!!!

I'm confident we can rectify the issue ourselves wether that be a switch or a control unit for a fraction of the price, we are not mugs and don't wish to be treated like them.

Does anyone have experience in this department?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This has been discussed at length in another thread:

I've only had a quick scan through the thread but, unfortunately, it looks like the price you've been quoted is about right.
Im not so sure.....The car is running fine and no error exists when the car is out of park. So when placing the car into park - it thinks there's an issue, im sure this is something that can be fixed without having to go to a dealer for a fraction of the price

·
Registered
606 Posts
This is the "damn" clip that creates the problem in the automatic transmission:

There are videos on the internet explaining the replacement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All, just had the same error message show up on mine with regards to transmission. Took it to mini and they have said it is common with mini and said it is the gear shift unit which would cost over £1200 to replace , can anyone help

1 - 20 of 49 Posts