Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of buying this to keep my battery charged as I don't drive the Mini much during the week - https://www.dicksmith.com.au/da/buy...tomatic-9-stages-sla-car-4wd-caravan-bcs0227/

Anyone with knowledge on the subject confirm firstly that the batteries in the F56 (mines a JCW - different?) can take trickle charges and that this one will be fine?

Quick specs from the link:

• Battery capacity: All types of 12V/24V Lead-Acid Batteries (Wet, MF, AGM and GEL)
  • Reverse Polarity, Overcharge and Short circuit protection
  • LED power and Charging indicators
  • Supplied with two detachable and interchangeable color coded lead sets one with clamps for bench charging and one with eyelet terminals for permanent attachment to the battery posts to allow quick connection/disconnection through connector.
  • Charging current: 2A/5A/10A for 12V batteries ; 2A/5A for 24V batteries; 13.6V/4A Power supply
  • One of the safest and most advanced on the market.
  • Designed to charge 12-volt and 24-volt LEAD-ACID battery only
  • It charges 2x faster than ordinary chargers.
  • It can repair damaged batteries, power DC devices and is designed for micro-hybrid start-stop vehicle and CANBUS electrical systems.
  • It can remain securely connected 24/7
  • Efficiently designed, ultra-compact, portable and incredibly lightweight.
  • Using state of the art technology, the battery charger with 9 steps enables the re-charging of batteries to almost 100% of its original capacity
  • It can be used as a Power Supply to provide constant power to 12V DC appliances with 5A(max) output current.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
6,961 Posts
Looks fine had ours on a ring charger like this paid 22£ here for it. Kept our clubby topped up perfectly. Ctek are generally rated as best on the market if you want to spend more money but as long as it is suitable for the mini battery which is AGM it's fine.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, yep it looks fine doesn't it... AGM and ok to use for start/stop engines.

Never used a trickle charger before, just cautious since its a lot of money to replace these batteries if something happens since it has to be taken to the dealer and coded etc.

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
6,961 Posts
It will look after your battery more effectively than the car itself if you know what i mean-they can even resurrect poorly batteries apparently-always keep my motorbikes on them over winter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts