Colour Line -Glowing Red

Sun Protection Glass

JCW Pro Front Splitters

Awaiting date , but told approx 8 weeks says 01/07/2015 :D

And some more goodies possibly

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Did you get your production number yet? I have mine but my MA told me production for the manual wouldn't be until June....hope that's later than what actually happens. Maybe manual JCW's bound for Scotland will roll off earlier?

I can access the MINI Owner's Lounge but no production date has been assigned yet? If you got a date already...well, my order was in sooner! not fair...LOL!

You're in my boat now...we are both looking forward to the JCW Dinamica Leather seats too! :)

Cheers,

John

Reactions: derekh929

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you get your production number yet? I have mine but my MA told me production for the manual wouldn't be until June....hope that's later than what actually happens. Maybe manual JCW's bound for Scotland will roll off earlier?

I can access the MINI Owner's Lounge but no production date has been assigned yet? If you got a date already...well, my order was in sooner! not fair...LOL!

You're in my boat now...we are both looking forward to the JCW Dinamica Leather seats too! :)

Cheers,

John

:D No cue jumping this side of the pond lol, no number as yet but have been told no delays at present and all cars 8 weeks but i have heard it all before, as soon as updated i will post up yes seats are nice for sure.
Not sure on it being faster but as no boat waiting to sail im hoping im quicker

·
Registered
457 Posts
Nice spec derekh929-see you prefer to wait on manual. I had considered trading in MCS for a Golf R briefly, but don't really need a family car or less space in garage!

After having test drive in JCW on 2 May I made up my mind there and then.
Went for Lapis with Red roof/mirrors on a whim though, along with auto which surprisingly I quite liked (always said only ever a manual!)
Chilli Pack/VBR. Head-Up. Sunroof. VDC. Sun Protection Glass. Folding Mirrors. Colour Line-Red. Adaptive Headlights. Chrome Line Interior. JCW Bonnet Stripe. 18" Cup Spoke. LED Aux Lamps and of course for a bit of fun the JCW Pro Exhaust.
Won't have much change left!!
If all goes to plan might have it first week of June. Can't wait now.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That's sounds fantastic, I love the auto in our main car F31 330d but could not justified the extra cost when I love the slick 6 speed manual, you will love the adaptive head lights I have them on the Beemer , mini will be mostly in town and fun blasts at weekend for me in daylight so I left them off but still thinking about it.
What's the led aux lights and what does that cost missed that one, enjoy

·
Registered
457 Posts
Sorry. I should have said LED Driving Lamps (or Spot Lights as they used to be called!). They are the dealer fit lights at about, would you believe it, £750 gulp. Still wondering whether to change my mind? Used to fit these myself many years ago for a few pounds!

If I do need a manual FIX there's always the 5 speed quickshift in my Moggie to play around with!

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
The LED Driving (i.e. Rally) Lights need to be ordered with the car. I was told they wire the car for them when manufactured with a separate toggle, so you cannot add them later without it not being a factory look. They are installed at the port of entry (or at the dealer).

I'm waiting for the manual, however the auto with paddles is fantastic. I needed to spend alot of time behind the wheel to get the handle of the paddles, as I've never driven a steptronic transmission before. My MA drove the JCW & I rode along...couldn't believe what that car could do on a twisty road. I felt like the navigator in a WRC race! LOL! I "know" how to drive a manual, and I'm sure I won't be sorry I waited for the 6-speed Getrag. Long wait though...not many of us on here waiting for the manual.

Good luck with it...you'll love the JCW for sure!

John

·
Registered
505 Posts
The steptronic in my F56 is outstanding (and forgiving) and didn't take long at all to get the hang of using. I'm impressed.

·
Registered
457 Posts
John. Our configurator doesn't allow for adding dealer fit accessories so no way car can be partly wired for extra lights. As you probably know there are a lot of differences between UK & USA configurators with packs etc. Will probably have to make do with a hole in the dash and a big red pushbutton if I go ahead with LEDs!!

I think I saw another thread where you wondered about how the JCW looked with the lamps. You can get the idea with the Challenge 210 here, but of course the lower fogs are replaced by grilles instead. They do look quite small!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The LED Driving (i.e. Rally) Lights need to be ordered with the car. I was told they wire the car for them when manufactured with a separate toggle, so you cannot add them later without it not being a factory look. They are installed at the port of entry (or at the dealer).
While you can order the driving lights with the car so they get installed at the port, it is not necessary and because they are accessories, they can be installed anytime. The process is the same whether they get installed at the port or at the dealer months down the line.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
John. Our configurator doesn't allow for adding dealer fit accessories so no way car can be partly wired for extra lights. As you probably know there are a lot of differences between UK & USA configurators with packs etc. Will probably have to make do with a hole in the dash and a big red pushbutton if I go ahead with LEDs!!

I think I saw another thread where you wondered about how the JCW looked with the lamps. You can get the idea with the Challenge 210 here, but of course the lower fogs are replaced by grilles instead. They do look quite small!
So, does that mean you can't order the rally lights over there? That doesn't make any sense to me. I'm old school and a MINI isn't a MINI without rally lights! :) And thanks for the pic....I do like the the look, although I know they will look a little like a bugeye sprite from the profile of the car!

While you can order the driving lights with the car so they get installed at the port, it is not necessary and because they are accessories, they can be installed anytime. The process is the same whether they get installed at the port or at the dealer months down the line.
Re: who installs them, I assumed this when my MA told me they usually have the port install accessories, but they could do it at the dealer also...kinda made me scratch my head. I just hope whoever does the install they know what they are doing!

As far as having them installed "anytime" though (at the dealer)...the car still needs to be ordered with the driving lights accessory, or the car won't be wired to accept them...that's what I was told, because I asked if I could add them to the car at any time...I was told no, since the factory will wire the car for them.

I'm still wondering where the switch will be for the driving lights...maybe where the fog lights switch is on non-JCW's?

I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Re: who installs them, I assumed this when my MA told me they usually have the port install accessories, but they could do it at the dealer also...kinda made me scratch my head. I just hope whoever does the install they know what they are doing!

As far as having them installed "anytime" though (at the dealer)...the car still needs to be ordered with the driving lights accessory, or the car won't be wired to accept them...that's what I was told, because I asked if I could add them to the car at any time...I was told no, since the factory will wire the car for them.

I'm still wondering where the switch will be for the driving lights...maybe where the fog lights switch is on non-JCW's?

I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
100% not true - they may just be trying to pressure you to buy now.

The switch is actually a button that gets installed on the side of the steering column

Reactions: Davo56

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
100% not true - they may just be trying to pressure you to buy now. The switch is actually a button that gets installed on the side of the steering column
Well, that's encouraging. :( I'm already worried what will happen to the JCW Badging on the grill, since the one driving light assembly will likely get installed right over that location. However/whenever they are installed, I just want it done right! On a new model car I would expect confusion on certain things.

Not many on this forum have ordered the driving lights as far as I can tell, but I like having them. I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hi

Can confirm light switch is mounted to side of steering column as siriuszero says and light sits right in front of badge:( Dealer has just fitted a set of lights to Cooper so I might check it out this weekend.

Have just gone ahead and ordered lights for dealer fit. Got some discount but still quite expensive at £590 here. Car is still on track for 1st week in June and Mini UK said its the 1st build in Lapis. Configured this on US website earlier
as it allows addition of lights unlike ours. Hope it looks as good in the flesh!:laugh:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I will add that you will probably get a better deal on the driving lights if you're adding them either at the port or at the dealer before delivery, rather than afterwards where you would most definitely be paying MSRP. Work accessories into the deal! ;)

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just been told providing no delays can should be at dealers week commencing 13th July , bring it on the get our new Baby home into it's new home ready for some tlc.
well ragging round some be roads I mean

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Just been told providing no delays can should be at dealers week commencing 13th July , bring it on the get our new Baby home into it's new home ready for some tlc.
well ragging round some be roads I mean
Derek,

Can you tell me how this happened? Did you get a VIN or production date?

You ordered after I did, and I have heard nothing, so good for you!

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Derek,

Can you tell me how this happened? Did you get a VIN or production date?

You ordered after I did, and I have heard nothing, so good for you!

Cheers,

John
Hi John not sure just email from dealership to confirm week 29 slot was allocated initially I thought this was for it to be built but no that was current expected date at dealers I presume as built in uk faster as with my BMW it was sitting on a dock waiting for a full boat a few days then waiting for transport after got to uk

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Hi John not sure just email from dealership to confirm week 29 slot was allocated initially I thought this was for it to be built but no that was current expected date at dealers I presume as built in uk faster as with my BMW it was sitting on a dock waiting for a full boat a few days then waiting for transport after got to uk

I was told by my MA earlier this month (May) that the approximate build date for my JCW would be the week of June 24, and he thought that was a very early build for a manual JCW, given the information he had so far. So, you are waaaaay ahead of the game if what your dealer told you is the case.

Happy for you!

Just call me "still waiting"! ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.