Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
The LED Driving (i.e. Rally) Lights need to be ordered with the car. I was told they wire the car for them when manufactured with a separate toggle, so you cannot add them later without it not being a factory look. They are installed at the port of entry (or at the dealer).
While you can order the driving lights with the car so they get installed at the port, it is not necessary and because they are accessories, they can be installed anytime. The process is the same whether they get installed at the port or at the dealer months down the line.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Re: who installs them, I assumed this when my MA told me they usually have the port install accessories, but they could do it at the dealer also...kinda made me scratch my head. I just hope whoever does the install they know what they are doing!

As far as having them installed "anytime" though (at the dealer)...the car still needs to be ordered with the driving lights accessory, or the car won't be wired to accept them...that's what I was told, because I asked if I could add them to the car at any time...I was told no, since the factory will wire the car for them.

I'm still wondering where the switch will be for the driving lights...maybe where the fog lights switch is on non-JCW's?

I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
100% not true - they may just be trying to pressure you to buy now.

The switch is actually a button that gets installed on the side of the steering column

Reactions: Davo56

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I will add that you will probably get a better deal on the driving lights if you're adding them either at the port or at the dealer before delivery, rather than afterwards where you would most definitely be paying MSRP. Work accessories into the deal! ;)

Reactions: Davo56
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.