Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
If you think that's twisty. Check out paso del stelvio road in italy...

I'm heading there next year to really put her through the numbers.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I loved both of them. I imagine everyone knows that Phil Wicks was the lead stunt driver for the original movie. He is a great guy and a wonderful instructor and we hope to take his course again with the F56 beastie!

·
Registered
207 Posts
This is what happened when I let the Missus drive there though... :)

Reactions: polarisboy386

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
If you really want "proper" twisty roads in Europe, head over to www.alpineroads.com/ What you can't find there isn't worth finding....

My personal favourites (other than the really famous ones like Stelvio):

D417 through Soultzeren in the Alsace,
N94 NW out of Briancon,
D1090 North of Bourg St Maurice (just stay on this all way into Italy!)
Route de Forclaz, Switzerland into France on the way to Chamonix - just stop at the cafe on the pass...

I'd hate to live on that road in the OP, looks really busy !!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I guess I could sell all the toys and a lot of other stuff and head to Europe, buy an F12 Berlinetta and do the twisties! It is not the best car in the world, but that engine sound is so sweet and basically it is still pretty old school! But, I digress, it would be fun in the mini and that is more my speed!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good morning ******, the MOTD will be awesome although very, very crowded! We are really looking forward to it. The runs we made on it returning home from Raleigh were awesome, the second best trip on the Tail that we have ever had.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
I'm looking forward to it too, although it will most likely just be a day trip Friday. I hope to get in a solo run before and after Helix installs my new intercooler. Gotta let killboy take a couple of shots.
:D
If you're in the area I should be on vendors row from lunchtime until three or four o'clock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.