Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure how many people are aware that mini uk offer a £400 'loyalty discount' on a new mini if there is already another one registered to the same address? the catch is that this is only available if you take a PCP with mini finance.

i havent got to the negotiation stage with the dealer yet but i would be pushing for this discount regardless of the finance taken, but this strikes me as potentially not even 'legal' if that's the correct term. isnt this similar to where finane companies got into troulble with mis-selling insurance tied to mortgage deals?

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
My dealer's salesman initially told me it was a £500 loyalty discount regardless of how you financed the car, then said it was £400 for PCP deals. I asked for and got a £1000 discount anyway, although I did buy seal and protect which is a huge markup. Still, I am happy with the deal.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I got a straight £400 off anyway without loyalty, before bargaining a better deal on my trade-in.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I got 8% cash deal

No finance - no part exchange managed to sell my audi a5 privately so pretty happy all around!

·
Registered
148 Posts
I hadn't heard about the loyalty discount so that's good to know for next time!

I reckon I probably should have negotiated for more, but I managed to get free TLC and Seal&Protect. In the end final monthly payments seemed reasonable too with my part-ex.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The £400 deposit contribution is for any BMW/MINI finance owner so I got it because I had a 318d with BMW finance at the time I placed the order. The only stipulation was that you had Mini finance on the new one.

You can get 15% off a factory order car if you play hard!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've managed to get 8.5% discount on my order. I also had the garage remove supaguard from the order - as i only see that as a complete waste of money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts