Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Currnetly running 205 45 17 Dunlop Run flats on my Mini but thinking of getting All seasons. Seen a good offer on some Falkens but they are 205 55 17. Will the 55 aspect of the sidewall matter? Will they fit my Mini Cooper SD?

·
Registered
351 Posts
215/45/17 are generally cheaper than oem size, I have used these on all my minis since 2006, and on my SD since 2015

I think this will be a better idea for you.

Reactions: Ormesome

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the replies. Appreciate it. Ill take a look around at the different sizes. Will i have to change anything regarding the TPMS if i go to normal non-run flat tyres? Im running the stock Dunlop Runflats at the mo with TPMS.

·
Registered
2021 F56 Cooper SE Level 2
82 Posts
You'll get a 10% increase in the speed of your car for a given engine speed, meaning your speedometer may possibly under-read. Furthermore you may be outside of the type approval of the car and your insurance might want to know about it. These factors could all lead to consequences far worse than a few extra quid for some tyres.

·
Registered
351 Posts
You'll get a 10% increase in the speed of your car for a given engine speed, meaning your speedometer may possibly under-read. Furthermore you may be outside of the type approval of the car and your insurance might want to know about it. These factors could all lead to consequences far worse than a few extra quid for some tyres.
This explains it far better, for my example of 215/45/17 less than 1.5% difference,
tpms works fine for “normal tyres”

my cars have passed over 12 Mot’s with these tyres including ones based in mini dealerships, do you seriously think that they would miss the opportunity to fail/upsell new rubber.

good luck

Reactions: Ormesome

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone. In the end i found some All Weather Nokians in 205/45/17 so went for them. Only probs is that they are RunFlats, really wanted to get rid of RF’s as they seem loader and harsher than normal tires but hey ho! All good so far!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What kind of pressures are you guys running? The sticker on the door sill seems too hard for my liking but could be wrong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts