Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! Brand new to this forum, because, obviously i ordered a new f56! I'm switching over from a BMW so I hope someone can help me regarding tyre size fitting...

In my current 128i i use 205/50R17 winter tyres and am wondering whether these will still fit a 2015 cooper s. Any response is greatly appreciated!!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Mind you, do the winter tyres have the pressure sensor in them? if not will that cause issues with the display and not being able to read the pressures?

·
Registered
360 Posts
I'm sure they would but I don't how they'd affect your speedometer etc. The standard size for 17s is 205/45 - the same as previous generation MINIs.

·
Registered
508 Posts
A 205/50-17 is about 20mm bigger diameter than a 205/45-17 so that's about a 3% difference. I don't know if the F56 speedo over-reads like all other previous Minis but I'm guessing it does, in which case a 3% bigger diameter will just make the speedo lie less than it normally does.

The 637mm nominal diameter of a 205/50-17 is bigger than any normal Mini tyre so there's a chance it might foul somewhere (on the underside of the front strut spring seat perhaps?) but it doesn't seem likely.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone for your reply. Considering the long winters here in Canada we use them 4 or 5 months a year, so if I can reuse them then I can definitely save my wallet for other additions to the new minis!! =)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts