Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you know if it is possible to order a Cooper S Auto with the Chili pack but select the 17" Wheels? The car builder on the website doesn't allow this but seems strange you cannot pick the wheels you want.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Do you know if it is possible to order a Cooper S Auto with the Chili pack but select the 17" Wheels? The car builder on the website doesn't allow this but seems strange you cannot pick the wheels you want.
The Chilli Pack for the Clubman gives you 18" rims, therefore you can only choose between the 18" and 19" rims in conjunction with the Chilli Pack. The dealership configurator is an older version of the one online but will work the same way the online one does - therefore I doubt you'd be able to order it with 17" rims in conjunction with the Chilli Pack.

Why do you want 17" and not 18" or 19", comfort and lack of run flats I'm guessing?

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you want the Chilli Pack on the Cluman Cooper S then you must have the 18" with Runflats. I tried to get my order changed as I did not want Runflats and wanted the 17" for a better ride but my Dealer could not do this. I have done about 1,000 miles now on the 18" Runflats and still wish I had the 17"!!

Having said that I am still loving the overall experience of the Cooper S auto but I wish the clock would keep the correct time!

John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also i'm just looking at speccing without Chili and just the elements of it that are essential.

Question - if you don't select the mini driving modes, do you not get a SPORT mode (even with a Cooper S??)

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Also i'm just looking at speccing without Chili and just the elements of it that are essential.

Question - if you don't select the mini driving modes, do you not get a SPORT mode (even with a Cooper S??)
Your assumption is correct - personally I believe Chilli includes all of the essentials, if you don't have it they'll be something included that you'll forget to individually spec and miss it, persuade yourself the extra £20 is worth it - otherwise you'll regret compromising.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
If the PDF uploads, how does this specification look as a compromise to allow the 17's?
It looks quite good in all fairness, although make sure you look through what is included on Chilli and what you've not specified cause some of the fancy lights etc aren't standard - although you have specced the excitement pack so you should have the changeable ambient lighting.

The residual of your car will be significantly less without Chilli pack - I'm not too sure how that affects a company car deal?

Note: if you do decide to add the chilli pack it will add an additional £85 to the overall price taking it to £28,770.

Also I would definitely recommend H/K, I will simply never have another car that doesn't have a premium sound system fitted - you'll definitely not regret specifying that!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Brandon, the other option is just order a Cooper Auto with Tech and Chili packs plus burgundy leather etc. And live with driving slower......which in fairness is all our roads allow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts