Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
looks like they have put the prices up from what they said at launch. Im looking at a cooper sport and im sure it said it was £20800, but is now £21500

·
Registered
63 Posts
The Belgian too, and WTF: Cooper S now limited to 163hp ?
First 192 then 178 and now 163.
No sound, no power,... Hey MINI, you're supposed to go the other way !

·
Registered
2020 Mini Cooper Oxford edition. Starlight blue with black top, black mirror caps and black wheels.
51 Posts
The Belgian too, and WTF: Cooper S now limited to 163hp ?
First 192 then 178 and now 163.
No sound, no power,... Hey MINI, you're supposed to go the other way !
[/QUOTE
Does the configurator say what the three pot makes now? Almost no reason to have a turbo at those power levels it would seem.

·
Registered
2020 Mini Cooper S Sport Auto
116 Posts
0-60 time is still the same though.

Is anyone else’s configurater showing a JCW badge when opting for a Cooper S sport on the front grille?
Also the interior is showing paint coloured interior door inserts and no ambient lighting.

I’ll try on a proper laptop tomorrow.

I have to say the front and rear Cooper S Sport bumpers look much better than the standard Cooper. Not missing the front fog lights now as the front slit-style vents have been replaced with some proper vents, JCW style.

·
Registered
116 Posts
^Just had a look.
basically only 2 paint colours and you can only have the multi tone roof.

I don’t like the fact comfort access is standard across the comfort packs. Keyless entry thefts are on the rise and I know Mini UK had it included and then took the decision to remove it from the packs, probably because buyers like me were deterred from it. I’m glad my car doesn’t have keyless access even though it has a comfort plus pack.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Keyless entry is no longer an issue. The keyfob goes into sleep mode very rapidly. Look at the Thatcham tests.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Keyless entry is no longer an issue. The keyfob goes into sleep mode very rapidly. Look at the Thatcham tests.
Thank you. I hadn’t realised Thatcham did such tests so I feel so much better informed. :)

Now I feel like I have been spreading misinformation - sorry!

·
Registered
11 Posts
With the 8.8” display as standard now, are there any hardware differences if you spec Apple play (or whatever pack that comes with?) I ask as my dealer said this was an extra £900 which seemed like a rip off, so I avoided it. Any way to do a third party conversion or retro-enable?

·
Registered
11 Posts
0-60 time is still the same though.

Is anyone else’s configurater showing a JCW badge when opting for a Cooper S sport on the front grille?
Also the interior is showing paint coloured interior door inserts and no ambient lighting.

I’ll try on a proper laptop tomorrow.

I have to say the front and rear Cooper S Sport bumpers look much better than the standard Cooper. Not missing the front fog lights now as the front slit-style vents have been replaced with some proper vents, JCW style.
yeah I see the jcw badge too on the config. It was also there on the equivalent config my dealer mocked up for me a couple weeks ago. I suspect it will disappear when the car arrives, it’s prob just them reusing images for the JCW model as the fr bumper is the same. Don’t think the outgoing S sport had JCW exterior badging.

·
Registered
4 Posts
HI there everyone Im in Australia and have just ordered the jcw 3door hatch and was informed that i would be receiving the updated model. Is there anywhere i can actually see what the updated 2021 model looks like. Appreciate any assistance :)

·
Registered
95 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wondering why none of the promotional material like that one you linked to Mark has the JCW bodykit - both the standard and JCW new bumpers are dividing opinion but seems odd that they wouldn't promote the entirety of what is available...

Maybe they are just that convinced by the goatee air curtain multitone roof business

·
Registered
4 Posts
thanks guys helps heaps but im not sure if that model is coming to Australia as the Australian configurator is still showing the 2020 model.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts