Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
235 Posts

· Super Moderator
8,973 Posts
Caveman Dave is right fgre; some f55 and 56s are now made in the netherlands since mini plant oxford is at capacity and cant be made bigger at the mo!

· Registered
23 Posts
Caveman Dave is right fgre; some f55 and 56s are now made in the netherlands since mini plant oxford is at capacity and cant be made bigger at the mo!
How strange? I was only at the Oxford plant a couple of months ago and they said all Minis (F56 and F55) were built in the UK? Only the Countryman and Paceman are in Austria. Bit let down now with the information they gave us. lol

· Registered
375 Posts
I'm Dutch, live in Belgium 30 kilometers from the MINI plant but for some reason I'm also glad mine was built in the UK. Just like German beer should be brewed in Germany a MINI should be born in the UK :)

I was informed that all F55 and F56 'S' models come from the Oxford plant anyway.

· Registered
1,189 Posts
Quick easy way to tell, using the 7th digit of your VIN:

Txxxxxx: Oxford (Cooper/ Cooper S/ JCW)
2xxxxxx: Oxford (Cooper/ Cooper S/ JCW)
3xxxxxx: Born, NL (Cooper and MY2016+ Cooper S)
Wxxxxxx: Graz, Austria (Countryman/Paceman)

Reactions: BristolMini

· Registered
46 Posts
Um... my seventh digit is 'C'. And as far as I know my MCS was built in Oxford.

· Registered
1,189 Posts
Um... my seventh digit is 'C'. And as far as I know my MCS was built in Oxford.
Not the 7th digit of the VIN, but the first of the last 7 digits of your VIN is how you can determine where your MINI was manufactured.

It will look like this:
2BXXXXX
3AXXXXX
TXXXXXX
2AXXXXX
etc

· Registered
1,189 Posts

· Registered
266 Posts
Do they build MY2016 Cooper JCW in Oxford or elsewhere? My VIN is 2xxxxxx

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.