Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I seem to have the opposite issue - I have mine switched on but never seem to get any bulletins. It definitely used to work cos I turned it off when I didn't need it, but leave it on all the time now and never get any cut in. I use the "Saved Stations" DAB rather then the programme list in DAB, would that make a difference? Or just could it be that there's not a good enough signal to pick the bulletins up?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I seem to have the opposite issue - I have mine switched on but never seem to get any bulletins. It definitely used to work cos I turned it off when I didn't need it, but leave it on all the time now and never get any cut in. I use the "Saved Stations" DAB rather then the programme list in DAB, would that make a difference? Or just could it be that there's not a good enough signal to pick the bulletins up?
Same here, I seem to get maybe half the bulletins I used to get in my R56 (non DAB) and when I do get bulletins they're often from the neighbouring regions bbc radio station despite not being near the border.

Another tip: once a traffic bulletin is playing you can press that same button to stop it playing, it goes back to whatever you were listening too and doesn't turn off further traffic updates

·
Registered
20 Posts
Same here, I seem to get maybe half the bulletins I used to get in my R56 (non DAB) and when I do get bulletins they're often from the neighbouring regions bbc radio station despite not being near the border.

Another tip: once a traffic bulletin is playing you can press that same button to stop it playing, it goes back to whatever you were listening too and doesn't turn off further traffic updates
I found that driving around for a bit on FM sorted it - I'd read somewhere that the signal to the FM stations (which broadcast the bulletins) can become lost and as I was always on DAB it didn't pick them up again until I manually went to FM.

Like you though, I seem to get very few, one local BBC station and another from a neighbouring county?!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you so much?this has drove me crazy! Let alone jumping out of my skin every time it comes on at full volume! And an actual button too! I’ve spent ages looking through the settings and google trying to workout how to stop it!

·
Registered
158 Posts
If you reduce the volume while it is giving you info it will save the setting, also if you have the MFSW a double press of the center radio button will take you back to your original station, easier than reaching for the button on the center console.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.