Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I just reduced my tyre pressures from the 4 people pressure to 2 people pressure. I got a warning come up shortly after driving off after adjusting the pressures to say low pressure/speed limited.

It won't let me reset the tyre pressure system without toping up.

But i feel i've done everything correctly as per attached pictures? 2.7 in the front & 2.5 in the rear for my size tyre (205/45R17 88W XL)

Anyone have any ideas?? Mini Cooper S F56 on 65 plate.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts
Maybe try pumping them back up and short drive.

Reset it but dont drive off

Reduce pressure

Reset again and then drive off

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fixed now. It previously wasn't allowing me to reset the tyre pressure monitoring but i've just tried again and it let me press reset this time when the engine wasn't running. Then started and it has reset.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
The TPMS can be finicky at times! It's not you! :)

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got that same problem a week ago. I just checked the pressure and did a reset. Everything is fine now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
77 Posts
What I've noticed is the wheel transmitters don't update the system very often, like only every 7 minutes or so. Also the transmitters only send data while the car is moving. I try to reset the computer first thing while driving after filling the tires to get the cold tire pressure registered. Later the pressure will rise with speed & temperature - interesting to watch.

·
Registered
152 Posts
How does Tyre pressure monitoring work? How does it send the data to the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I had a problem with the warning light for all 4 wheels coming on at the same time in the past. Tire pressure was fine. The Dealer updated the software twice and so far it took care of the problem.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
As far as am aware there is a motion activated battery powered module behind the valve inside the tyre on the wheel rim. This sends a radio signal of actual tyre pressure as measuredwithin the tyre to a module in the car. The motion activated bit means the batteries should last up to 5 years or till you neednew tyres BUT stupidly also means you can only use it to measure tyres that are already warming up and not cold as the book tells you and all the pressures are based cold ie on the door sticker! I. Do it as soon as i get going then watch them go up.but do them myself with a guage cold to be accuarate. Thr tpms are not very accurate in my experience but do alert you to a problem!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I wonder if this module is mini specific.

I always changed my tires and a trye place and not a the mini service centre on my previous mini.

As for accuracy yes i have struggled to get the to read the same for both sides. There is always decimals differences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts