Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.
For F56 owners from 2014 to 2017: has anyone considered upgrading the passenger side dash trim to the union jack (with LED lighting)?
I thought of this possibility, but I can't find the part code to search the internet.
Has anyone done the adaptation? Does anyone know the code of the parts that are required?
Tks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Following. Would love this but I doubt it’s possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: MBC

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hello everyone.
For F56 owners from 2014 to 2017: has anyone considered upgrading the passenger side dash trim to the union jack (with LED lighting)?
I thought of this possibility, but I can't find the part code to search the internet.
Has anyone done the adaptation? Does anyone know the code of the parts that are required?
Tks
Hello MBC,
Piano black with led 51456819876 part for lefthand drive and you pay in euro €294

Best regards,
Guillermo

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, what great information did you give us Guillermo!
The part is a bit expensive, but this was expected because it is Mini / BMW.
I will think about it.
Thank you!

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Is the wiring already there on a PRE LCI car?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Is the wiring already there on a PRE LCI car?

I Don't know, but it is possible, use the wires from your led in the mini, or the wires from the led ring.
In the 2019 mini, it's installed from the led ring.
I will look a littlebit further how to wire this thing

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
It’s mounted in the roofliner, it is the same knob for changing the mood (color) for your Led in the dash and doors.
Maybe there is a plug for it?
First I have to see whats on the wire for the dashpanel, maybe it’s easy and plug & play on the existing Ledbox

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello everyone.
Apologies for the long downtime. I bought the part 51456819876, but soon after I decided to sell the JCW 2017 and buy a brand new 2020. Before selling the JCW 2017, I disassembled the glove compartment and noticed that it would be possible to install it, just pull the LED wires that illuminate the feet. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hello everyone.
Apologies for the long downtime. I bought the part 51456819876, but soon after I decided to sell the JCW 2017 and buy a brand new 2020. Before selling the JCW 2017, I disassembled the glove compartment and noticed that it would be possible to install it, just pull the LED wires that illuminate the feet. Hope this helps.
I sincerely think that the 2017 model (pop & bang YES) is better than the 2020 model (pop & bang NO) at least in €uropa

Reactions: fdmaxwell

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm thinking about buying this part I have a 2020 JCW F56 and when I bought it I had hoped to get the illuminated dash but it wasnt on the one I bought. I wanna know if its basically plug n play.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm thinking about buying this part I have a 2020 JCW F56 and when I bought it I had hoped to get the illuminated dash but it wasnt on the one I bought. I wanna know if its basically plug n play.
I had fitted the part to the panel of my previous car (JCW 2017). The fit is perfect, plug and play. I didn't the electrical connection, because I decided to buy a JCW 2020 soon afterwards, which already has the union jack led, but I realized that the wires can be connected from the foot illumination, under the panel, on the right side.

The BMW part code for black dash is 6819876-02, as you can see from the attached photo.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 111 Posts