Mini Cooper Forum banner

181 - 190 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok Guys! I just update the information!!..Finally I did by myself and only you should have bit patience, you need to plug wire by wire, just follow the colors, don’t worries...easy but be concentrated! I connect the 4 wires colors and everything is working great!
Just buy couple sockets before to start, I’ll post some Pictures with the references....
My One is the UK side hand Drive..That's why the socket that I use is different that the one's posted here before, but the rest of the connections must be the same

1. Start with the Socket From the Main Panel, Is coming with 5 different colors wires, as the dash trim only have 4 please just connect 4 to 4, just follow the colors..the another wire left in the main socket, just leave it where it is
View attachment 72033

2. Buy 2 of this Terminal Connector Housing :
View attachment 72030

Buy one of this Terminal Connector :
View attachment 72034

And only one of this Terminal cable plug Connector:

And Buy one of this...
View attachment 72029

3. Dash trim installed on the Piano

View attachment 72025

4. Follow all the wires map, Connect A ( coming from main Panel Socket ) to the with B connected with all the wires that's come from the Dash Trim already conneted

View attachment 72026

5. Once connected, all the colors appear in to the dash trim! all the pictures are taking by my

View attachment 72035

Any question please just ask!!

Hi gonzzalo2011,

What do I need to make this cable?

thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi gonzzalo2011,

What do I need to make this cable?

thanks
Hi there! basically you need to buy 4 different Electrical Automotive Cable Wire Wiring (at least 2 meters each), same colours as the ones on the Mini Cooper Connector Housing ( blue, green, red and brown/orange) there is 4 wires come from the 3 small housing union jack dash trim (12 in total) and you have to ad 3 of this wires and create the 4 coloured wires (Blue, Green, red and Brown/Orange) now you have 4 wires to ad to the Mini cooper connector housing.
Why I suggest the same colours, because after, when you going to connect the 4 wires already created to the connector housing you just unplug the blue one and connect the another blue, easy for no be confused with the slots.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there! basically you need to buy 4 different Electrical Automotive Cable Wire Wiring (at least 2 meters each), same colours as the ones on the Mini Cooper Connector Housing ( blue, green, red and brown/orange) there is 4 wires come from the 3 small housing union jack dash trim (12 in total) and you have to ad 3 of this wires and create the 4 coloured wires (Blue, Green, red and Brown/Orange) now you have 4 wires to ad to the Mini cooper connector housing.
Why I suggest the same colours, because after, when you going to connect the 4 wires already created to the connector housing you just unplug the blue one and connect the another blue, easy for no be confused with the slots.
Thank you gonzzalo2011

But still confuse with the colour

blue, green, red and brown/orange
Or
blue, green, orange, brown ?

And what is the part number for these 3 connectors ? this 61138380696 doesnt fit 😕

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you gonzzalo2011

Or

And what is the part number for these 3 connectors ? this 61138380696 doesnt fit 😕
View attachment 74134
4AF03AAF-54CF-4B80-A84E-6377A54C40CE.jpeg
Thank you gonzzalo2011

Or

View attachment 74134
The colors that I have are green, blue, orange and brown, you can see on the picture, my one came already the wire housing, so not sure about the reference of those connectors, but maybe with the reference that appear on them you can find it, the blue housing is just for you to plug and and unplug the wires to the main control

181 - 190 of 190 Posts