Mini Cooper Forum banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
No coding. Not sure of the wires yet. Still waiting for my connectors to come in but you will need three harnesses and twelve of the pin connectors. Four connectors each fit into each harness. Then tap off your foot well light. The harnesses are from Germany only so they will take a few weeks to come in. It was like $30 for all of it with shipping. Take numbers off pic.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the help. The dash link you sent me is for the US specs right (lhd) we drive in uae like in US so I need to make sure its not for uk. And what website should i order the harness from?any link please

·
Registered
21 Posts
Need to google the numbers. I thought you said left hand drive like we do in US. If that’s the case this is correct.

·
Registered
13 Posts
From which link did you order the harness?
Need to google the numbers. I thought you said left hand drive like we do in US. If that’s the case this is correct.
From which link did you order the harness? Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
so the dash and the harness and its all plug and play? Please do keep me posted once you fit yours. Thanks again

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had mine installed at the Dealer but they need to be Coded. The dealer couldn’t do it yet. They are waiting for a update from BMW/MINI.

·
Registered
13 Posts
How many hours was the job and what about the wiring and harness? What model is your car? I heard no coding is required

·
Registered
21 Posts
2018 and older do not have the plugs already behind the dash so you will tap off the footwell light. The newer cars with the plugs already there will need to be coded.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So mine is 2017 & it won't need any coding right? Another question is did you remove the screen or just the dash to install the new one?

·
Registered
2019 f56 JCW
24 Posts
My dash trim arrived this week and started the instal today by removing the existing dash trim and glove box, made up new loom to go down to my footwell light and fitted new dash trim in place
610CEA78-7C19-43CD-B177-6D13F572E89F.jpeg

6E8DFF03-AE6F-45D7-8945-2B83732193F1.jpeg

I will wire in tomorrow and put car back together 😂
🤞it all goes to plan

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow. Amazing. What model is your car?did you remove screen to take out dash? Any coding? Mine is coming this week.

·
Registered
2019 f56 JCW
24 Posts
Wow. Amazing. What model is your car?did you remove screen to take out dash? Any coding? Mine is coming this week.
Mine is a 2019 JCW, the wiring is there for the trim but as others have found out they dont work and no one yet has responded to say they can code them on so my home made wire harness till go to footwell light.
I managed to replace without taking the screen off as there is enough movement in the air vent to move up one out to get trim off and on again

61 - 80 of 111 Posts