Mini Cooper Forum banner

81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dude?!!! What is wrong with you? Seriously. You have been told at least 6x that you don’t need to code but tap off the footwell light. Yet you keep asking the same darn question. How many times can you here the same answer?!! Sorry but come on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Would like to see the wiring. I realize all four wires from each of the same plugs will tie into the same location but what wires in the footwell do they correspond with? Top left goes to where in the trim piece and same with others. Too right, bottom left and bottom right.

·
Registered
2019 f56 JCW
24 Posts
Would like to see the wiring. I realize all four wires from each of the same plugs will tie into the same location but what wires in the footwell do they correspond with? Top left goes to where in the trim piece and same with others. Too right, bottom left and bottom right.
On UK car you have from left to right you have green, orange, blue, brown repeated, as you can see from the previous pictures I posted
F01D4FCB-4DA4-47B7-B7CA-08529DB0E923.jpeg

This is the original clip that plugs in and down in the footwell there is the same corresponding colours

·
Registered
Mini Cooper (non-S) F56 - 2019
19 Posts
This is a nice project.

Whoever finishes it should post a summary of all parts, a wiring diagram and so on. That would help others that come later on this thread. Don’t forget to inform what car model/year/country is your car.

·
Registered
2019 f56 JCW
24 Posts
Finished the install to day
94386333-5E0B-401D-8FFB-B701F69F0FFC.jpeg

This is the footwell light connection after I have connected the 4 wires from dash trim (and no the red wire is not used it is just going behind the brown wire 🤣)
04D315F9-96CE-49CD-974A-2D758B96A071.jpeg

And this is all done 👍
The 3 plugs are just to give it more brightness it still works if you only connect one plug
Just match the colours up there is 5 on footwell lighting and only 4 on panel plug
tassy75 is this the same brightness as yours during the day? And also big thank you for the part numbers and the idea of wiring in to the footwell light 👌 top man

·
Registered
21 Posts
So got mine in today except my four wires to the footwell lights are somewhat wrong. I don’t get orange or green but everything else. So gotta figure which two to switch around. These are taken during the daytime too

·
Registered
21 Posts
So this is how I have it which like I said I’m guessing two of them have to be switched around but not sure which ones Since I don’t get green or orange but I do get the rest. And also the 5th wire from footwell plug is red but I left that one alone. Maybe I’m to use the red and not use one of the others. Need an actual diagram from Mini.

·
Registered
2019 f56 JCW
24 Posts
So this is how I have it which like I said I’m guessing two of them have to be switched around but not sure which ones Since I don’t get green or orange but I do get the rest. And also the 5th wire from footwell plug is red but I left that one alone. Maybe I’m to use the red and not use one of the others. Need an actual diagram from Mini.

View attachment 70443
Mine is
image.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok so that works all the correct light colors then? Ok cool. I’ll try to swap them around tomorrow if it stops raining. Thanks

·
Registered
2019 f56 JCW
24 Posts
Ok so that works all the correct light colors then? Ok cool. I’ll try to swap them around tomorrow if it stops raining. Thanks
Checked my colours this morning and only getting the same as you and I know my whites match the original plugs

·
Registered
71 Posts
For 2018+ model that have existing wires, has anybody traced where do they come from? A bit odd that coding is needed as I think all the ambient lighting should run on the same circuit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 f56 JCW
24 Posts
You would think that it would work but it doesn’t, I played with the wires when I put mine in

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok. So I guess I won’t switch them around. I always use blue anyways. So. I green or orange but I’m good with that. I wish the dealerships had actual wiring diagrams but even my local dealership never heard of this trim piece and says it’s not factory hence no diagram. I thought it was factory with the option to add in years 2018+?
either way it works and looks nice!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Awesome! Now just got to get someone to decipher it. Lol. The plug that goes into trim piece x3 have four wires. I see this shows same but the brown is on opposite side, which way facing etc. I’m gonna ask someone who does electrical can make sense of it. Like on the plug spot one While looking at plug wires going up goes to green. Spot 2 goes to blue etc.

81 - 100 of 111 Posts