Mini Cooper Forum banner

101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Awesome! Now just got to get someone to decipher it. Lol. The plug that goes into trim piece x3 have four wires. I see this shows same but the brown is on opposite side, which way facing etc. I’m gonna ask someone who does electrical can make sense of it. Like on the plug spot one While looking at plug wires going up goes to green. Spot 2 goes to blue etc.
check Behind 4 pin connector its written 1 & 4

·
Registered
2019 f56 JCW
24 Posts
Turn the line on? My light trim panel turns on with the other lights.
Sorry I was referring to the line I.E The 3 plugs that are already in my car as mine is a 2019 model
Also do we only have certain colours due to the trim only having 3 led diodes and the footwell having 4?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good point. That would have to come from Mini themselves. But I believe because you have the wires you are plug and play but would need to have mini program it.

·
Registered
2019 f56 JCW
24 Posts
Good point. That would have to come from Mini themselves. But I believe because you have the wires you are plug and play but would need to have mini program it.
The problem is that other people have gone to mini and the could not program the line on 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
21 Posts
Gotcha but makes no sense. How can they turn it on in cars with them but not adding to cars already wired. Regardless you could just go to the footwell light too.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Maybe some with factory installed trim can check their BDC for any extra code lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
So a small update i took mine to a MINI dealer two hours from me and they were extremely helpful. They said my wiring harness was the same as one with the dash piece in it. They charged me $70 to go in to look if the wires were there and they were. They installed the piece and now the only downside is the lights aren’t on. They need to be coded for activation and the dealership I guess doesn’t have the line code for that so they have to wait for a update from MINI/BMW. Hoping I can find the line code sooner than later. So the 2019’s and up have the wires in the back.
were they able to code it for you?

101 - 111 of 111 Posts