Mini Cooper Forum banner
121 - 140 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
no need to code, you can use the existing wiring but just add 3 cables between the existing connector on the passenger side and the connector for the floor lighting; the color help you no error possible; i do it in my cooper SE yesterday
View attachment 71132
hi mate! could you tell me this Socket Housing number reference, and how did you found it, I just looking even through my BMW dealer here in London and nothing

·
Registered
20 Posts
i search where to connect it but did not find
the connector is on passenger side, at the right of the feet, it is very easy to make the connection to the foot led, the cables (3) are same color

you can find the connector here, sorry i don't take exactly the picture
View attachment 71539
I'll try to install my one this weekend, but please could you do a picture to show me exactly where you connect the socket in to the the foot led housing socket...

·
Registered
29 Posts
no need to code, you can use the existing wiring but just add 3 cables between the existing connector on the passenger side and the connector for the floor lighting; the color help you no error possible; i do it in my cooper SE yesterday
View attachment 71132
Hi, Does the colour of the illuminated insert match the driver side inserts on the SE?

·
Registered
20 Posts
yo encontre esto en aliexpress, sigue el link a continuacion y veras que tienen el dash trim (union Jack light panel) solo y tambien con el juego con los ventiladores del aire (que a mi personalmente no me gustan) contacte con ellos y si que te dan las intrucciones y los conectores, aparentemente se ve todo muy facil, yo lo compraria por que el precio me parece que esta bien y mas si viene con los conectores solo para instalarlolo y si lo puedes hacer tu sin necesidad de pagar a un tercero pues estas instalaciones suelen costar dinero esta genial, yo es q compre hace un par de semanas el dash trim, compre el cableado por separado y espero a ver si ponen un poco de informacion mas detallada por aqui pues la verdad hay q tocar la parte electrica y no quiero toquetear mucho a ver si no la lio je je...con el pack que vende aliexpress se conecta en el panel central donde esta el navegador..parece mas facil...con lo q sea me cuentas..clickea el link que e dejado abajo y miralo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Si me lo e comprado del AliExpress. Estoy a la espera de que me llegue . Solo e comprado el dash trim los ventiladores no . Espero que sea facil la instalación

·
Registered
20 Posts
pues cuando te llegue y lo instales comparte la informacion por fa!
Si al final instalo el mio antes lo comoartire, estoy esperando q me respondan unos q conozco que hacen todo este tipo de cosas pero estan en Manchester

·
Registered
18 Posts
Awesome! Now just got to get someone to decipher it. Lol. The plug that goes into trim piece x3 have four wires. I see this shows same but the brown is on opposite side, which way facing etc. I’m gonna ask someone who does electrical can make sense of it. Like on the plug spot one While looking at plug wires going up goes to green. Spot 2 goes to blue etc.
The wiring diagram is easy to read. The plugs that you bought all have numbers that correspond to the wiring harness, just find the right color wires and insert to the their corresponding slot. I'll give you an example:

Footwell plug: 2 - would be the Red/Brown(RT/BR) Color, 3 - Blue, and so on. The Red/Brown wire is always a ground wire in BMW vehicles.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Ok Guys! I just update the information!!..Finally I did by myself and only you should have bit patience, you need to plug wire by wire, just follow the colors, don’t worries...easy but be concentrated! I connect the 4 wires colors and everything is working great!
Just buy couple sockets before to start, I’ll post some Pictures with the references....
My One is the UK side hand Drive..That's why the socket that I use is different that the one's posted here before, but the rest of the connections must be the same

1. Start with the Socket From the Main Panel, Is coming with 5 different colors wires, as the dash trim only have 4 please just connect 4 to 4, just follow the colors..the another wire left in the main socket, just leave it where it is

2. Buy 2 of this Terminal Connector Housing :

Buy one of this Terminal Connector :

And only one of this Terminal cable plug Connector:

And Buy one of this...

3. Dash trim installed on the Piano

4. Follow all the wires map, Connect A ( coming from main Panel Socket ) to the with B connected with all the wires that's come from the Dash Trim already conneted

5. Once connected, all the colors appear in to the dash trim! all the pictures are taking by my

Any question please just ask!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
View attachment 71132
Salut, tu es français?
View attachment 71132
Salut Tsr, tu es français ? Si oui, tu vas peut-être pouvoir m'aider. J'aimerais installer un éclairage d'ambiance en haut des ceinture du montant central. J'ai acheté un panneau de porte avec tous les câbles, dont les modules Led. J'aimerais savoir comment les connecter à l'éclairage du plancher. Est ce que tu peux m'expliquer s'il te plaît ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
My dash trim arrived this week and started the instal today by removing the existing dash trim and glove box, made up new loom to go down to my footwell light and fitted new dash trim in place View attachment 70419
I will wire in tomorrow and put car back together 😂
🤞it all goes to plan
May I ask how you joined the wires? Did you solder them? Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine is a 2015. My wiring panel is somewhat different but I thought of another way to do the wiring. What gauge wires is best for this job?
I use a electrical Automotive Thin wall Cable Wire Wiring Model Railway (click bellow) that I bought on Ebay, 0,5mm 0.75mm that's work perfectly well but even you can use 0.3mm 0.5mm, you will need bit more than 1 meter, so buy 2 mts then you can cut it, just choose the right colours to match it

·
Registered
15 Posts
I use a electrical Automotive Thin wall Cable Wire Wiring Model Railway (click bellow) that I bought on Ebay, 0,5mm 0.75mm that's work perfectly well but even you can use 0.3mm 0.5mm, you will need bit more than 1 meter, so buy 2 mts then you can cut it, just choose the right colours to match it

Thank you so much you 've been very helpful. I will post pics when I manage to do it.
This is the connector I was referring to earlier. I can not find it. But it is not needed if tapping straight to the footwell light.

121 - 140 of 190 Posts