Mini Cooper Forum banner

141 - 160 of 190 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you so much you 've been very helpful. I will post pics when I manage to do it.
This is the connector I was referring to earlier. I can not find it. But it is not needed if tapping straight to the footwell light.

View attachment 72182
Have a look to this links bellow, you will see more details to find this connector and see where the wires should go,please let me know

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have a look to this links bellow, you will see more details to find this connector and see where the wires should go,please let me know

Thank you for the movie gonzzalo but it does not let me access it. Anyway as I am going to tap straight to the footwell connector (like the friend some posts back did) I believe I do not need to access the bdc panel at all, am I wrong?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok Guys! I just update the information!!..Finally I did by myself and only you should have bit patience, you need to plug wire by wire, just follow the colors, don’t worries...easy but be concentrated! I connect the 4 wires colors and everything is working great!
Just buy couple sockets before to start, I’ll post some Pictures with the references....
My One is the UK side hand Drive..That's why the socket that I use is different that the one's posted here before, but the rest of the connections must be the same

1. Start with the Socket From the Main Panel, Is coming with 5 different colors wires, as the dash trim only have 4 please just connect 4 to 4, just follow the colors..the another wire left in the main socket, just leave it where it is
View attachment 72033

2. Buy 2 of this Terminal Connector Housing :
View attachment 72030

Buy one of this Terminal Connector :
View attachment 72034

And only one of this Terminal cable plug Connector:

And Buy one of this...
View attachment 72029

3. Dash trim installed on the Piano

View attachment 72025

4. Follow all the wires map, Connect A ( coming from main Panel Socket ) to the with B connected with all the wires that's come from the Dash Trim already conneted

View attachment 72026

5. Once connected, all the colors appear in to the dash trim! all the pictures are taking by my

View attachment 72035

Any question please just ask!!
Hi there, great post! Is there any chance of a photo of the back of the cover 'showing which terminal you used and the plug used for connecting to the back of the cover?' or description of which one of the terminals used and where to get the connecting plug? Many thanks in advance...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thank you for the movie gonzzalo but it does not let me access it. Anyway as I am going to tap straight to the footwell connector (like the friend some posts back did) I believe I do not need to access the bdc panel at all, am I wrong?

View attachment 72199

Ok, the connector that you are talking a about is in of the socket that come from
The main pannel

Then when you take out from the main panel you will see it, just remove it as the picture and then do all the wire connections and put it back

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi there, great post! Is there any chance of a photo of the back of the cover 'showing which terminal you used and the plug used for connecting to the back of the cover?' or description of which one of the terminals used and where to get the connecting plug? Many thanks in advance...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok Guys! I just update the information!!..Finally I did by myself and only you should have bit patience, you need to plug wire by wire, just follow the colors, don’t worries...easy but be concentrated! I connect the 4 wires colors and everything is working great!
Just buy couple sockets before to start, I’ll post some Pictures with the references....
My One is the UK side hand Drive..That's why the socket that I use is different that the one's posted here before, but the rest of the connections must be the same

1. Start with the Socket From the Main Panel, Is coming with 5 different colors wires, as the dash trim only have 4 please just connect 4 to 4, just follow the colors..the another wire left in the main socket, just leave it where it is
View attachment 72033

2. Buy 2 of this Terminal Connector Housing :
View attachment 72030

Buy one of this Terminal Connector :
View attachment 72034

And only one of this Terminal cable plug Connector:

And Buy one of this...
View attachment 72029

3. Dash trim installed on the Piano

View attachment 72025

4. Follow all the wires map, Connect A ( coming from main Panel Socket ) to the with B connected with all the wires that's come from the Dash Trim already conneted

View attachment 72026

5. Once connected, all the colors appear in to the dash trim! all the pictures are taking by my

View attachment 72035

Any question please just ask!!
Thank you very much for this information gonzzalo and all the photos... Terentius (y)(y)(y)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did mine finally. Had a guy make my harness for me and used the footwell lights to tap into. Harness looks like factory. Everything works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts

View attachment 72033

2. Acquista 2 di questo alloggiamento per connettore terminale:
View attachment 72030

Acquista uno di questo connettore terminale:
View attachment 72034

E solo uno di questo connettore per cavo terminale:

E compra uno di questo ...
View attachment 72029

3. Trim del cruscotto installato sul pianoforte

View attachment 72025

4. Seguire la mappa di tutti i cavi, collegare A (proveniente dalla presa del pannello principale) al con B collegato con tutti i cavi che provengono dal rivestimento del cruscotto già collegati

View attachment 72026

5. Una volta connesso, tutti i colori appaiono sul rivestimento del cruscotto! tutte le foto sono scattate dal mio

View attachment 72035

Qualsiasi domanda per favore basta chiedere !!
[/CITAZIONE]
ciao come si crea il cavo che va al pannello?

·
Registered
2017 F56 JCW
30 Posts
Did mine finally. Had a guy make my harness for me and used the footwell lights to tap into. Harness looks like factory. Everything works great.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice seat color choice (I couldn't find one like that 😢), and nice overall 👍

·
Registered
2017 F56 JCW
30 Posts
Hi all,
I've got my Union Jack dash trim !
Time to install : around 4 hours
Tools required :
Flat screwdriver, star key
To prepare the wires :
20210329_190946 (Copier).jpg
Cost : around 240€ (221€ for dash trim and BMW connectors on hubauer.de, 18€ for wires and vampire connectors on eBay)
First : take of the old pannel, and for that you got to remove the air vent, and for that you got to remove the screen, and for that you need to remove the center speaker grid...
20210329_163549 (Copier).jpg 20210329_163546 (Copier).jpg 20210329_163542 (Copier).jpg 20210329_163604 (Copier).jpg
Then prepare the electricity, solder everything, and then use the "vampire" connectors to derive the wires from the light under the glove box
20210329_184035 (Copier).jpg
Then plug and try... and hopefully be proud of yourself.
Put everything back on... and post some pictures 😎
20210329_185958 (Copier).jpg 20210329_190002 (Copier).jpg 20210329_190005 (Copier).jpg 20210329_190008 (Copier).jpg

And then clean everything. Or clean and then take pictures. 😆

·
Registered
104 Posts
[QUOTE = "trej, post: 846263, membro: 68797"]
Ciao a tutti,
Ho il mio cruscotto Union Jack!
Tempo di installazione: circa 4 ore
Strumenti richiesti:
Cacciavite piatto, chiave a stella
Per preparare i fili:
View attachment 72815
Costo: circa 240 € (221 € per cruscotto e connettori BMW su hubauer.de, 18 € per cavi e connettori vampire su eBay)
Primo: prendi il vecchio pannello, e per questo devi rimuovere la presa d'aria, e per questo devi rimuovere lo schermo, e per questo devi rimuovere la griglia dell'altoparlante centrale ...
View attachment 72811 View attachment 72810 View attachment 72809 View attachment 72812
Quindi preparare l'elettricità, saldare il tutto e quindi utilizzare i connettori "vampiro" per ricavare i fili dalla luce sotto il vano portaoggetti
View attachment 72814
Quindi collega e prova ... e si spera sii orgoglioso di te stesso.
Rimetti tutto a posto ... e pubblica qualche foto 😎
View attachment 72816 View attachment 72817 View attachment 72818 View attachment 72819

E poi pulisci tutto. Oppure pulisci e poi scatta foto. 😆
[/CITAZIONE]
great job! congratulations ... what year is your mini?

141 - 160 of 190 Posts