Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi . I had a go at changing the rear lights to union Jack on f56 .. pretty straightforward I have to say but yes I have got the left and right lamp warning on so will I assume have to recode .. I was watching a video by minibitz on YouTube and he was fitting plug and play SMOKED uj lights that didnt need coding .. when he went through the key fob sequence at the end they pulsated .. anyone with standard uj lights do they pulsate through sequence? I have a feeling this is an aftermarket feature from another manufacturer? ..the lights I have fitted are the geniune red uj lights .. these are the error messages that come up on start up

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
Some of the aftermarket lights have built in resistors so no coding is required.
I believe you need your settings for cold and warm monitoring setting to not active, this can be done using Bimmercode
Mine should be delivered tommorow and as i have 6 wires in the connectors (so no wire swap needed) i'll set the monitoring and hope it's that simple :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Some of the aftermarket lights have built in resistors so no coding is required.
I believe you need your settings for cold and warm monitoring setting to not active, this can be done using Bimmercode
Mine should be delivered tommorow and as i have 6 wires in the connectors (so no wire swap needed) i'll set the monitoring and hope it's that simple :)
yes it is that simple :)

also set rear light to LED (but I think it's standard set to LED)

The warm/cold monitoring settings have to be set in "expert mode"

·
Registered
362 Posts
Just fitted mine, coded all monitoring to disable and everything works, no warning messages either :)
Few pics - forgot to take 1 with led bulbs in (much brighter/whiter than bulb)

Taillights

Brake lights

Side lights, brake lights, indicators

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice 👌, I am going to have to get mine coded .. theres flicker and erratic behaviour of them .. grrr

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine is 65 plate but registered Jan 2016.. I will have to put my old ones back in for now until I get uj lights coded...tbh I not sure I just plug and play swapped them

·
Registered
362 Posts
Mine is 65 plate but registered Jan 2016.. I will have to put my old ones back in for now until I get uj lights coded...tbh I not sure I just plug and play swapped them
I had the same warnings when i plugged mine in before coding. all sorted with Bimmercode
Where are you based? if near West Yorkshire i'll code them with Bimmercode

This is my plug with 6 wires so no wire swap req

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahh I get you. I will have a look tomorrow .. quite a trek lol Cardiff area.. thanks for the pic tho 👌

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hi, I just installed the headlights on my 2016 mini but it is not working properly. The flag does not light up completely and when I start the car the lights flash. Does anyone know what programming to do for the carly application

Thanks
Not sure what options you have on carly but on Bimmercode you just deactivate cold and warm monitoring.
Did your plug have 5 or 6 wires? this is the reason the lights aren't showing the full flag if you have 5 and didn't swap the wire over

·
Registered
362 Posts
Thanks.
I have only 5wires. It's possible to explicate me what should I do to solve the problem.

post 130 shows the wire swap as you have 5 wires, this will enable the full flag then you need to code them with Bimmercode

1 - 15 of 15 Posts