Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just downloaded the new update to Mini Connected so will be trying it out tomorrow. I can confirm that third party apps such as spotify, deezer, tune in etc are all still available but web radio appears to have gone

·
Registered
95 Posts
All I can say to everyone thinking to update to the new version is: if you like/use the feature apps DON'T UPDATE to this version, all the feature apps are gone (Minimalism, Mission Control, Web Radio, Driving Excitement, etc) and you're left with the Streetwise feature that it's kinda nice but definitely not a good trade :crying:

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Do people actually use Mission Control and Dynamic Music? I used it once to show off and never touched it again - too annoying. Driving Excitement is still there.

BTW, TuneIn Radio is a Connected compatible app and does the same stuff Web Radio did.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Unless I'm missing something only some parts of the Driving Excitement feature are available (force meter and sports instruments) but it's not the same and at least I used Mission Control everyday along with the Minimalism feature :crying:

I'm trying to recover the old version but I emptied my trash can without noticing that the old app was there :/

·
Registered
4 Posts
The new Mini Connected app is odd. I don't understand why they have this app and also Journey Mate. You would have thought they would have combine the two, but each app offers some different functions and some similar functions. Maybe Journey Mate only works with XL option? Unclear.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The new Mini Connected app is odd. I don't understand why they have this app and also Journey Mate. You would have thought they would have combine the two, but each app offers some different functions and some similar functions. Maybe Journey Mate only works with XL option? Unclear.
Correct, journey mate is only for XL

·
Registered
98 Posts
Has this appeared in just the Appstore? Can't yet see any updates on Google Play.
As of right now I don't think there is an update for android, only iOS, which is a bummer considering how bare the android app is.

Must say I'm torn on this. The interface is much better looking and easy to navigate, but I do wish they had kept things like the dynamic music, mission control ,etc even if it meant burying them in a menu setting somewhere. I understand those were niche items and goofy, but they were definitely unique to MINI. Now the app seems kind of....bland? Hopefully this update will be the start of MINI really trying to focus in and improve the app. Still happy to have the ability to use the connected apps like pandora and spotify though.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Bump for this.

I've been looking at the App Store ratings for MINI Connected and loosing mission control and the "gang" has been widely slammed. Get onto AppStore/Playstore now and register your displeasure with a negative review and make sure you mention this things you loved with Mission Control etc...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Bump for this.

I've been looking at the App Store ratings for MINI Connected and loosing mission control and the "gang" has been widely slammed. Get onto AppStore/Playstore now and register your displeasure with a negative review and make sure you mention this things you loved with Mission Control etc...
Already did that ;) and also registered my complain through this website: http://www.mini.com/connectivity/support/index.html

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Guess this is iOS only? I desperately want to use Deezer since that's all I use at home on SONOS...... (I have Android :( )

·
Registered
98 Posts
Bump for this.

Definitely a good idea. My only critique of this is that the previous version had like a 1.5 rating and not much happened to it until recently (and sadly for the worse). Hopefully MINI will begin listening if they see the "new improved" app is getting slammed.

Guess this is iOS only? I desperately want to use Deezer since that's all I use at home on SONOS...... (I have Android :( )
Unfortunately no android yet. But who knows, maybe it will be updated to the old iOS version? hahaha...I would greatly appreciate that. It really bothers me how bare-bones the android app is. Really can't believe it doesn't have any of the connected apps....especially since that is the whole point!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Managed to return to the 2.7.1 version of the app and I plan to stay there until the app stops working or they improve the new one
How did you do that?
I just got mi First Mini last friday and fell in love with all the features that came stock with the car like mission control and Internet radio.
3 hours later, the app upgraded itself and now I'm missing what became my reason to go for the car :(

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.