Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to upgrade the software of a cooper S with heads up display to include the content seen on a JCW heads up display?

The content seen on a JCW hud is gear, rev gauge and notification of optimal gear change point.

I would like to view this info on my hud too.

Image of JCW HUD Content:
Vehicle Speedometer Car Automotive design Personal luxury car

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'd be willing to modify my MCS software to gain those HUD display extras. After just 3 days with my MINI I'm hooked on the HUD as is, adding more details would be very nice.

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I wonder if there's a way to do it with ESYS...

There's a way to change some BMWs to display M-specific stuff, you would think there's a way to do the same for MINIs and JCW. REALLY want that rev/gear counter.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'll keep monitoring this thread because I sure am interested in getting this extra info to be displayed in the HUD.

I will ask to customer support of BMW AG in Germany if there is a way to do this using the official channels. To me it seems like just another setting in the onboard software because the car has the info available...just needs to be displayed in the HUD which is technically exactly the same as the one in the JCW.

Will keep you all updated on this one.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just need someone who has a JCW and the coding cable to read out their modules related to HUD/CAS/KOMBI etc and we can then compare to non JCW vehicles.

·
Registered
46 Posts
So this page (http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=654990) has a link to a PDF called "F10 Cheat Sheet" which lists codes and what they control. There are several mentions for the HUD, but many indicate in the comments "cannot be checked - non functional. Needs additional testing".

This site: http://www.codemycar.com has this PDF: http://www.codemycar.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/F56-Code-List-CodeMyCar.pdf, which unfortunately doesn't doesn't list any HUD features. I think @stevens is right, we need some one who has a JCW HUD to read out their codes so we can see if they map to the MCS.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Very nice, i'd like that on my cooper too, i too will keep an eye on this thread!

·
Registered
213 Posts
If any JCW owners around the north east UK are up for a meet I can read out the modules and have a look see? Having said that I might be able to persuade the sales chap who lives local to get the JCW and I can read it out from that car..

·
Registered
213 Posts
no one has offered and the JCW is with another sales chap atm, I suspect we will also have to have our software updated to the same version that the first JCW came out with, so if like me your car is a few months old or longer you will more than likely need a software update, but if your car is post when JCW's were being delivered then the option should be there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got JCW if you guys want to get some code, for HUD you need various options enable to get JCW (PRO TECHNO) on HUD. if you still need help let me know, my JCW is July built Manual.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Reactions: fjsato

·
Registered
69 Posts
Can someone please share the details and instructions on how to enable/add jcw hud options to f56 S? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts