Mini Cooper Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Very cool (no pun) Sounds great. I'm looking forward to getting my intercooler sooner rather than later.

What kind of temps were you seeing before the Forge?
It is really quite nice - just a note waymotorworks has the only stock in the US for the next 6 months or so per Forge.

I would see cruising 170sih, with iat 5-10 over ambient. Run 1 would stay about consistent but after the 2nd run you would get temp creep to almost 40 over ambient. I am now running ambient cruising with max being 7 over ambient after 7+ consistent back to back pulls. It is startling how good it is.

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It is really quite nice - just a note waymotorworks has the only stock in the US for the next 6 months or so per Forge.

I would see cruising 170sih, with iat 5-10 over ambient. Run 1 would stay about consistent but after the 2nd run you would get temp creep to almost 40 over ambient. I am now running ambient cruising with max being 7 over ambient after 7+ consistent back to back pulls. It is startling how good it is.
Stock my car runs IAT's between 10 & 18 degrees over ambient temp. Cruising seeing 170 is impressive considering I see 215-222 ish (stock)

I've ordered the HELIX intercooler already. I like what they did in comparison to others.;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Stock my car runs IAT's between 10 & 18 degrees over ambient temp. Cruising seeing 170 is impressive considering I see 215-222 ish (stock)

I've ordered the HELIX intercooler already. I like what they did in comparison to others.;)
Every time I have had time to data log it has been like freaking 9 degrees out ?

Reactions: pjsjr13

·
Registered
406 Posts
Does anyone make an upgraded inter-cooler for the non-S F56? I would like to take advantage of cooler temps for my car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you want more bhp go for a burger tuning JB4 and a valve exhaust with a decat, my f56 is up to 296bhp with just those mods, makes a huge difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds good! I was wondering with just those mods, was this a reliable daily driver? I'm looking for my f56 MCS to have at least 255whp without being under hood every weekend. What will you (or anyone) consider? Thanks

·
Registered
98 Posts
Does anyone make an upgraded inter-cooler for the non-S F56? I would like to take advantage of cooler temps for my car.
Yes Forge makes one for the non-s F56 1.5t: Intercooler for Mini F56 1.5 Turbo

I'm very interested in buying it actually and wondering if it provides a power increase from stock or with a simple piggyback module like the JB+ - in anyone knows?

·
Registered
F56 2-Door
24 Posts
Yes Forge makes one for the non-s F56 1.5t: Intercooler for Mini F56 1.5 Turbo

I'm very interested in buying it actually and wondering if it provides a power increase from stock or with a simple piggyback module like the JB+ - in anyone knows?
I'm curious about the gains for the B38 1.5L as well. I was considering getting the forge intercooler for my MC base. Anyone have any opinions/hard data?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I'm curious about the gains for the B38 1.5L as well. I was considering getting the forge intercooler for my MC base. Anyone have any opinions/hard data?
I contacted Forge directly and they weren't able to give any approximate numbers but did say it would allow more power to run longer especially with a module or full tune. Instead of the car beginning to lose power from too much heat it'll keep the engine cooler and allow it to pull hard for much longer. It would probably make a pretty significant difference.

Have you done any power mods to your base cooper yet? Mine is quite impressive already with only a few mods.

·
Registered
F56 2-Door
24 Posts
I contacted Forge directly and they weren't able to give any approximate numbers but did say it would allow more power to run longer especially with a module or full tune. Instead of the car beginning to lose power from too much heat it'll keep the engine cooler and allow it to pull hard for much longer. It would probably make a pretty significant difference.

Have you done any power mods to your base cooper yet? Mine is quite impressive already with only a few mods.
That’s what I was hoping for. On mods, I have done a few throughout the car. Here’s the performance mod list specifically:

NM Engineering strut bar
JCW Pro Suspension
Quicksilver Cat-back Performance Exhaust
AEM Enclosed Intake System (More for sound than power, though :D)
Undercarriage Chassis Braces
Hopefully, the intercooler and Forge intake pipe are next. Out of curiosity, what mods have you done to your base?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Guys,

I’m new to do mods, I have a 2015 F55 Mini Cooper D 1.5 5dr with desire to have a stage 2 tuning, what would be required and fits this model.
1) What are best quality intercooler for stage 2 tune that are a straight swap of factory intercooler?
2) What other part should be considered before such an upgrade is undertaken?

Any advice with the links would be great I‘m from Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 so I’m trying to source from other parts of the UK.

Thanks for you help in advance.

·
Registered
98 Posts
That’s what I was hoping for. On mods, I have done a few throughout the car. Here’s the performance mod list specifically:

NM Engineering strut bar
JCW Pro Suspension
Quicksilver Cat-back Performance Exhaust
AEM Enclosed Intake System (More for sound than power, though :D)
Undercarriage Chassis Braces
Hopefully, the intercooler and Forge intake pipe are next. Out of curiosity, what mods have you done to your base?
So I just sold my Cooper 1.5t last week, kid on the way and we need 4 doors, but we will be back to Mini at some point in the future as a second car. Or maybe a 911 or Cayman depending on circumstances lol.

Those are some sweet mods you have. Here's the one's I had:

• JB+ tuning module
  • Muffler delete (straight pipe from catback which sounded amazing for cheap)
  • Highflow panel air intake
  • Lightweight Sparco wheels + firewhawk indy 500 tires
  • JCW grill
  • Chrome delete
Mods I wanted to do but didn't get the chance:

• Full flash tune
  • Strut bars and chassis braces
  • Forge intercooler
  • Intake pipe
  • Extended height shift knob with short shifter

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Guys,

I’m new to do mods, I have a 2015 F55 Mini Cooper D 1.5 5dr with desire to have a stage 2 tuning, what would be required and fits this model.
1) What are best quality intercooler for stage 2 tune that are a straight swap of factory intercooler?
2) What other part should be considered before such an upgrade is undertaken?

Any advice with the links would be great I‘m from Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 so I’m trying to source from other parts of the UK.

Thanks for you help in advance.
Honestly I'm not sure exactly, didn't get to that point. But you're lucky you're in UK, I think you guys have more places to supports mods specifically for the Mini (check Lohen) than we do in NA.

If you're going with an upgraded intercooler go with forge and you'll probably want a full flash tune to go with it.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts