Mini Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

What up everybody!

Finally bought my dream car a few weeks back and I've gone down the MiniF56 forum rabbit whole......I love it though.

I want to make a few mods to my MCS and I want to start with the brakes. They are indeed a bit spongy and I'd like to improve that. How do I upgrade the brakes without having to change my wheels and spend an obscene amount of money for them? Spending budget is 1k at most!

Please guide me wise ones lol

·
Registered
108 Posts
View attachment 69701

What up everybody!

Finally bought my dream car a few weeks back and I've gone down the MiniF56 forum rabbit whole......I love it though.

I want to make a few mods to my MCS and I want to start with the brakes. They are indeed a bit spongy and I'd like to improve that. How do I upgrade the brakes without having to change my wheels and spend an obscene amount of money for them? Spending budget is 1k at most!

Please guide me wise ones lol
Congrats on the car! Looks good. I too feel that brakes are not that good on my MCS and I think JCWs have Brembo brakes which are bigger than on MCS models.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes, a little more braking power would be nice in the MCS.

In addition to the bigger JCW brakes (as noted above), I read somewhere in here that they also have a larger master cylinder, for more pressure too.

There are a few threads about upgrading the brakes, but I think it all comes down to the rims to fit larger discs/calipers. They're pretty tight (and the JCW brakes are not an option with standard rims, I think). Check my history of threads I've participated, might be helpful!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Braided hoses and a more aggressive pad compound will give you more bite. Drilled disks will reduce fade.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'd start with some better brake pads and work from there. EBC Redstuff is a popular option for the MCS. I just ordered Akenobo's simply to have less brake dust and my car is less then 3 weeks old. once those are ready to replace I will probably do EBC with new rotors.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I personally would go for braided brake lines. Performance brake pads like EBC yellow stuff and cross drilled / grooved discs. That will certainly give you huge improvements. If you do all of this and add in a brake fluid change to a high temperature fluid you will notice a huge difference

1 - 6 of 6 Posts