Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Super Moderator
8,919 Posts
i think you will have a lot of difficulty; each car has a wiring loom built to suit the options ; therefore your car wont have the wiring for the hk am, or the speakers or be coded for it etc etc; there are threads on here where others have upgraded the stereo far more simply by going after market. have a search.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think you will have a lot of difficulty; each car has a wiring loom built to suit the options ; therefore your car wont have the wiring for the hk am, or the speakers or be coded for it etc etc; there are threads on here where others have upgraded the stereo far more simply by going after market. have a search.
That's what I dreaded and thanks for the insight.:)

· Registered
1,189 Posts
Mini sells Alpine system if you want a better one. But the price is not cheap, about 700 eur.
Doesn't fit the 3rd gen MINIs

· Registered
120 Posts
Is there just a front speaker set to replace the stock one from the visual boost? I really miss the separated tweeters. My old golf IV had a much better stock sound. A bit disapointed with mini in this dep.

· Registered
577 Posts
I hope to have an plug and play option fitted next month from Bav

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.