Mini Cooper Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a used 2012 MINI Countryman S AWD. My problem is multidimensional as I first found that I cannot connect my phone to the car via bluetooth. In any menu with Bluetooth, the computer will not place a checkmark next to "Bluetooth". I assumed I probably needed to do a software update. As I went to search my VIN, I was in luck. My computer needed to be updated for the past few years. I downloaded the appropriate download to my USB stick and stuck it into my USB drive of my MINI only to find that it did not register that I had anything plugged into my USB input. After more investigation and multiple cords, I found the USB does not work and neither does the AUX input. Now I believe my software does need to be updated and that I need a new USB/AUX input socket. Can anyone give me advice on which socket to purchase? And how exactly to remove the old socket and install the new one. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
303 Posts
You're Countryman is the old R series and not the same as the F series which this site caters for so replies will be limited.

There should be a little panel that the USB and Aux connection is part of, pry that away from the surrounding panel and then simply unplug it. I find the easiest place to get parts is your local dealer as parts on their own are reasonably priced and carry a 2 year guarantee.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.