Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can anyone confirm the correct disk format (NTFS,FAT etc) for a USB device to work with the Mini Connected XL ?

Will be formatted on a MAC computer.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
FAT32 is probably preferred, but if NTFS works...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i've tried this 64gb device with Fat32, Mac & NTFS formats and it says Not Compatible each time.

SanDisk Ultra Fit 64GB USB 3.0 130MB/s Flash Drive Stick

Just tried an old 16gb one without worrying about formatting and it's worked fine.

Anything that appears to be incompatible for the SanDisk Ultra Fit 64GB USB 3.0 130MB/s Flash Drive Stick compared to bog standard USB ?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Not sure but this is the one I have and it works great.

And I didn't format it either.

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kingston-Technology-32GB-DataTraveler-DTMCK/dp/B009CMN3V0/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1459623724&sr=8-12&keywords=micro+memory+stick+32gb[/ame]

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
It could be to do with the size of the USB. There are phones that don't recognise memory cards over 32gb and the Mini could be the same.
I'm using a 64gb drive without problem and I've heard of some people able to get 200GB+ external drives working as well without issue. Drive size shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
2015 F56 JCW
508 Posts
The size of the drive was my thought as well but Siriuszero proved that theory wrong.

Have also heard of some makes of USB drives are not easily read by certain devices, this could be one of them. Try reformating the usb otherwise it simply wont work on the mini unit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well it turns out it was to do with the drive formatting from my Mac OSX.

I used a windows laptop and did full format to NTFS and it's worked so either I got the setting wrong with the mac or it's not compatible. I think had I not formatted at all it would have been OK the first time around.

64GB working

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Some ScanDisk flash drives come with security software.....you must uninstall the security software before copying songs to the stick....ask me how I know! :eek:

Next time, I'll just buy a simple "clean" flash drive!

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
I've had usb sticks off eBay before, SanDisk branded but simply didn't work. Take care to get genuine stock.

·
Registered
22 Posts
fingers crossed its arrived today and i am slowly copying all 4326 songs onto it... its going to be a while

1 - 20 of 20 Posts