Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it occurs to me that as I didn't get the smoker pack for my 5 door MCSD that's on its way I wont have a front cigarette lighter to draw power from.

Ill likely be using the armrest cradle (will have to order) to power my iPhone but does anyone know if the USB connection is good to power other devices or have any alternative power solutions

Cheers

Pat

·
Super Moderator
7,892 Posts
There's one in the boot too great for our electric cool box when we go on holiday!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Look at this: "Connecting electrical devices Hints: Do not connect charging devices to the 12 volt socket in the vehicle Do not connect battery chargers to the factoryinstalled 12 volt sockets in the vehicle as this may damage the vehicle battery due to an increased power consumption."
I haven't use a charger to power my phone, and a few days ago, I charged with this and yesterday when I washed the car I opened the hood and I found a an electrical connection a bit melted. Please take take care, I'll post a picture later.

·
Registered
28 Posts
At the instruction manual, I found this about the USB port: " The USB interface is located in the front of the center console. Hints Observe the following when connecting: ▷Do not use the USB interface to recharge external devices." I wonder what's the right way to recharge our telephones without damaging tha car?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow that's crazy!

On another note I wouldn't be surprised if someone didn't mod some sort of device cradle to plug direct in the the USB maybe that fit in to the space in front of the panel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts