Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't get one or a service book. Was told these were not supplied any more and all the info is in the on board screen. Fair enough but is this correct?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I didn't get one or a service book. Was told these were not supplied any more and all the info is in the on board screen. Fair enough but is this correct?
Doesn't sound right, service book no, but I got a manual. Cars not fitted with Visual boost or Media XL would be stuffed.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I got both... in spades.

I got the electro-manual in the car, on a Mini Brand USB stick (along with a pretty outdated interactive "get to know your car" PDF that doesn't cover the Gen III cars), one on my Mini Owner's Lounge account, and a hard copy in a fancy folder with a CD (which probably has another copy) and some other... booklets... I cant even remember what they are at the moment ha.

The maintenance log also updates on your Mini Owner's Lounge account.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I got a hard copy manual with my March 15 build car. You should definitely get one with a new car. However, it's possible to generate an electronic one on the iPad using your VIN. The advantage being that you don't have to wade through the features that aren't fitted to your car because it is tailored precisely to your car.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I got a hard copy manual with my March 15 build car. You should definitely get one with a new car. However, it's possible to generate an electronic one on the iPad using your VIN. The advantage being that you don't have to wade through the features that aren't fitted to your car because it is tailored precisely to your car.
Well... mine wasn't. I'd heard the same thing - that it would be tailored to my car specifically, but that didn't pan out. The one attached to my VIN in the owners lounge was just the same manual as the hard copy in the car and all the others... it covers everything, including features not on my car and not available in this country.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Strange mine fits my car exactly. Perhaps, it only works on the iPad app? Or only works in some countries?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts