Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so tracking a new MINI can be SOOOO much fun. That is... unless you see odd, erratic tracking/course/speed from the ship carrying your new baby... then see the status as "SHIFTING." :/ Yeah. I'm a bit sick to my stomach at the moment. Some of you may recall the shifting incident in 2015.... and if you do, then you know what I'm talking about.

I'm hoping someone here can tell me that there's some weird port between Southampton and the USA called "SHIFTING," because if not... well, I'm going to be a nervous wreck over the next 24 hours until I can call ASK MINI or my MA and find out what's up.

The ship is a K-LINE called ORION HIGHWAY, and it's currently at the Southampton port. I checked a few vessel tracking sites to see if what I'm seeing on vesselfinder could be wrong but found only one site listing the status as "Moored." Currently, the "Destination" on Vesselfinder and the others is "Shifting."

Oh boy. Momma's not happy right now.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Ella welcome to the forum :) No need to panic we have some great "Mini Experts" here on this forum to help out. So what color/options did you order?

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Welcome and as above-don't panic; the car will be fine! They know what they're doing and those headlined disasters are a drop in the ocean!!!!! pun intended, they ship 1000's of cars regularly!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whew... you guys are awesome.

On the Southampton port info this vessel is shown as alongside at berth 104, origin 40. I'd suspect that 'shifting' refers to a move within the port from 40 to 104.
She is shown with a planned departure 30 Jan at 1400, destination Baltimore (USA).

Don't panic.

Thank you!!! Ya'll rock! No longer in panic mode. lol

Whew. Note to self---Stop googling stuff. ;)

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
Ella you Mini will be delayed by 26min. :D:D Here is the newest update.

ORION HIGHWAY 9728071 PAN 30-Jan-2017 14:26 104 Baltimore (USA) 9.15 199.99 20532 CORY BROS SHIPPING LTD

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
One more thing. In general a company is not going to have a canned status that reflects a catastrophe. SINKING is not one of the usual status values, for example. Or FACTORY IN FLAMES. Typically they will say something like "Call Agent". So SHIFTING, in the context of ships and ports, seems perfectly reasonable.

On the Intertubes, it is usually prudent to seek the most innocuous, benign explanation first. If upon further investigation it turns out that the World Is Indeed Imploding, then freakouts are definitely called for.

Good on you for hitting the MINI forum for answers. Calmness and reason always prevail here, right guys?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ella you Mini will be delayed by 26min. :D:D Here is the newest update.

ORION HIGHWAY 9728071 PAN 30-Jan-2017 14:26 104 Baltimore (USA) 9.15 199.99 20532 CORY BROS SHIPPING LTD
lol Thank you. I did notice the other day it changed the arrival time to Baltimore by one day, arriving the 11th instead of the 10th. And there's some conflict between ASK MINI and the actual ship's schedule. ASK MINI says the ship isn't going to Baltimore but directly to Brunswick, but the ship's schedule says Baltimore and doesn't mention Brunswick. lol Oh boy! I guess this is what they mean by difficulty in trying to track KLINE vessels. ;p

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One more thing. In general a company is not going to have a canned status that reflects a catastrophe. SINKING is not one of the usual status values, for example. Or FACTORY IN FLAMES. Typically they will say something like "Call Agent". So SHIFTING, in the context of ships and ports, seems perfectly reasonable.

On the Intertubes, it is usually prudent to seek the most innocuous, benign explanation first. If upon further investigation it turns out that the World Is Indeed Imploding, then freakouts are definitely called for.

Good on you for hitting the MINI forum for answers. Calmness and reason always prevail here, right guys?
HAHAHA You guys crack me up. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts