Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

There's a limited selection of Cooper S exhaust videos on Youtube from the new F56 - are any forum members able and willing to make a few exhaust burble / pop vids?

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
I thnk ours must be duff. It really just doesn't do that at all...:(

·
Registered
74 Posts
Oooooh that's weird, have you tried some spirited driving in sport mode? Mine was popping quite a lot on over run too. I was on a long journey so everything was warmed up. Do you have any settings to adjust in the menus? The manual says you can change settings for SPORT but I can't find anything??? I don't have the big screen so I don't know if the software is different between the two.

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
It's the sport mode "drivetrain" setting that must be activated in order to get the pops. It will also remap the gas pedal to be more aggressive.

The other setting is "chassis" and it controls the damper (stiff suspension) and the stiffness of the steering.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It's the sport mode "drivetrain" setting that must be activated in order to get the pops. It will also remap the gas pedal to be more aggressive.

The other setting is "chassis" and it controls the damper (stiff suspension) and the stiffness of the steering.
Patch, I can't find any of these settings although I don't have the Media Pack so no big fancy screen and menus? I can change settings but it seems only for GREEN??? Hey ho, sounds cool anyway.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
I only ever use the car in sport mode. Admittedly I don't drive it all that often, but Mrs W has commented ours is a lot quieter than the demo we tried and I know she likes the sport setting too.

So all in all a bit odd...

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
The best way I've found to make pop a lot is to drive down hill, using engine brake (compression), and giving quick taps on the gas pedal.

Regarding the video, I'd need to be aggressive on the gas pedal to have so much pops. By default it's much quieter.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've also discovered if you change down into second gear slightly earlier than you would normally do the rev match kicks in and in sport mode you get some nice exhaust pops everytime!

·
Registered
4 Posts
mine sounds like its throwing cherry bombs out the tailpipes. ive got a full race exhaust with mquebed catless downpipe with 2nd cat reso and muffler delete. also k&n filter and burger stage1 with +5psi tuner.

·
Registered
375 Posts

In Europe the driving mode selector is an option so not everybody has it. Second you need to have a Cooper S :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Can't wait for my JCW exhaust to arrive! Takes another 2 weeks of waiting.

The standard exhaust is making a more sporty noise after a few thousand kilometers. It pops and bangs plenty when in sport mode and the exhaust is warm. Sometimes I wonder if the JCW exhaust is worth the extra money but it only takes a few youtube video's to be convinced that it is worth the extra money :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts