Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Really dont like the 5-door version. Lost much of Mini charm. And the door solution - normal doors and also bare metal (painted) on the edges, it looks cheap...

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Saw a good review of the 5-door Cooper S for those interested, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDBJ4WtvIUU .

Seems like a lot of fun on the track. Now I have to find a track to try my 3-door MCS VO. :D
Nice. Fun to watch an enthusiastic tossing about of the car by a driver who appreciates it.

I have to find a track too. That looks like too much fun.

·
Super Moderator
7,915 Posts
Really dont like the 5-door version. Lost much of Mini charm. And the door solution - normal doors and also bare metal (painted) on the edges, it looks cheap...
I like it , bUt I think it's a case of they had to in terms of the market demands. Drives the same apparently.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I like it , bUt I think it's a case of they had to in terms of the market demands. Drives the same apparently.
I have been waiting on something like this for 5 years,standard mini was too small and the clubby suited me,so i bought it. Now this is here and it has a bigger boot than the clubman,so its sorted. Re looks,its like me i guess some like and others dont.
Do i care what others think? Nah,i like it and that's all that matters.......

·
Registered
258 Posts
Well here's an interesting one. As many will already know, I have a three door cooper but will be buying a 5 door (probably) quite soon.

I've been told by the sales reps that the 5 door is destined to be a big seller for Mini and I can understand why - it's a bigger market. Do I like it? Yes, probably enough to buy one though in my heart I'd say the 3 door looks better. But, and here's the big one for me, the three door just isn't quite big enough for us. The fact the drive handles the same seals the deal for me. If I felt I was just buying a more expensive focus then I'd be looking elsewhere.

However, I've been keeping a keen eye on the cars for sale throughout the UK (showroom and demonstrators) AND via a very helpful Facebook page of my local dealer who photographs every new car sale they make, and the 5 door really isn't showing up as much as I would expect. I know it's early days, but comparing the furore of the F56 launch and then the big marketing push mini have done with the F55 I genuinely wonder if the 5 door has been the big hit Mini were expecting.

Someone with a greater depth of information may be able to point us in the direction of sales figures for the UK and beyond(?)

Does any of that matter? Nope, not to the majority of people on this forum - we're here because we like talking about, and seem to really enjoy, our cars. It matters to me as I really need to play the discount game to get what I want and more options = more wiggle room to get what I can afford in a 5 door.

·
Super Moderator
7,915 Posts
I love both, very impressed with how they've added so much extra space and the doors. Great cars both! Had the 5 door been available when I bought mine I would have had a very hard choice. Don't often need that extra room but when I do its a total pain!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.