Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
You're probably not missing anything, from my experience. I've got the Connected app and an Android phone. While I've been able to see emails, the UI makes this completely useless. For whatever reason, it shows the email's full headers, and the UI won't let you scroll down while driving. What you wind up seeing are 4 or 5 lines of header information and nothing from the actual email message.

So rather than something useful like
Subject: blah blah
Hi,
This is a message yadda yadda

You get 4 lines of header garbledygook. Useless.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Emails

I have not been able to get them either. Sent an email to Mini stating that the system was less than perfect and needed to be fixed and all I got was a canned email response thanking me for my email.

People with a Chevy have better communications in their cars. Sad actually.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Don't read while driving. That's just asking for an accident to happen. There are enough horrible drivers in the States. Don't want to contribute.
I agree! We are all guilty of using our cell phones while driving at one time or another, so reading emails while driving???? Give me a break! That's just crazy bad judgement!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
iPhones do not support email through Visual Boost - it has little to do with BMW/MINI and more with how iOS is set up.

It is not terribly useful anyway - it doesn't display the entire email even on phones that do support it. It's easier and far less aggravating to either look at your phone or get a smart watch if you absolutely have to screen every email.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.