Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Must have been bored but I thought I would have a play with vin decoder to check out JCW's history.
First I could find was 2A27200 built 6/8/14 in Pepper White (Just for you Paul;)). with options 9AC-Camouflage NSG vehicles. 909-Analyse Connector and 991 Pre Series Management.

Second was 2A27201 built 21/8/14 in Rebel Green with same options.

Third was 2A27202 built 21/8/14 in Lapis:laugh: with same options.

Fourth was 2A27203 built 21/11/14 in Rebel Green with same options plus 9AD - Lockable Camouflage Tarpaulin (That's a cool option I missed:laugh:)

Then 2A27204 was built 5/12/14 in Rebel Green with option 997-Dealer Presentation

This led on to 2A27220 which had option 902-Special Press Vehicles.

Just thought I would share this info.........away to take my anorak off now.:nerd:

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I'd like to see where my Lil Guy stands as far as 2015 MT JCW's...he was born 6/4/15...has to be one of the first off the line! :)

John

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will have to try out your vin John. Had a check through nos right up past mine to July and all listed as autos so manuals must have a different no combination I guess.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Oh wow that's over a year ago the first ones were built. I would imagine those were pre-productions or pilot cars...or ones that ended up on the auto show circuit.

The VIN endings are totally different from the 2015 customer cars in the States.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes Paul you will need to check out 6MT history against your vin.........must have been a few pre production built earlier to develop uprated box.

Also thought they tried to build in colour batches where possible but mine was sandwiched in amongst a load of Midnight Black including a few Japanese spec.:(

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yes Paul you will need to check out 6MT history against your vin.........must have been a few pre production built earlier to develop uprated box.

Also thought they tried to build in colour batches where possible but mine was sandwiched in amongst a load of Midnight Black including a few Japanese spec.:(
Will do Dave you never know I might have an early white manual :D?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Dave,

Do you have the link to that site?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.