1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen or orderd the bonnet stripes in the raw
On the backing paper
Ie prior to fixing on the car

I cannot tell if they are curved or straight?

Im looking to make my own as I don't like the pin stripe, and the fact they fall short of the edge of the hood with the OEM fit

I'd like to know if they are ....
1) straight
2) banana shaped
2) J curve

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:( has no one seen them...?

If I had asked for UFO photos
Would have had a shed full by now :rolleyes:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Straight and flat and cost around £70 from BMW. A graphics company could probably make some without the pinstripe for next to nothing or buy some from ebay for about a tenner.

·
Registered
998 Posts
They might be straight but they need putting on curved to counter the bonnet shape, then when they are on they appear straight. I had a graphics company put some offset racing stripes on my old cooper and it was quite an art to apply them, 'bending' the vinyl

·
Super Moderator
7,892 Posts
We had our roadsters done by sytner sticker man. £60 and a superb job. Didn't get to watch him though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Has anyone seen or orderd the bonnet stripes in the raw
On the backing paper
Ie prior to fixing on the car

I cannot tell if they are curved or straight?

Im looking to make my own as I don't like the pin stripe, and the fact they fall short of the edge of the hood with the OEM fit

I'd like to know if they are ....
1) straight
2) banana shaped
2) J curve
Regarding the stripes, I just notice some fine swirling scratches on mine. From the car wash? are they easy to replace?

·
Super Moderator
7,892 Posts
Very very easy ; our roadster had red stripes on the bonnet, but we wanted them on the boot too and the colours didnt match-front ones off and new total set done in no time! Very easy and pretty quick=around an hour!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Regarding the stripes, I just notice some fine swirling scratches on mine. From the car wash? are they easy to replace?

You could polish swirls out with a non abrasive car polish but it will take the semi matt look off the stripes. Or remove by using a hair drier and pull horizontally and they should come off in one piece.
Its actually harder to apply them as any small specks of grit under the stripe will be noticeable, so unless you have practise I would let a graphics man fit them and give him a tenner or so.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts