Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'll probably sound deeply stupid, but I bought a 2014 mini cooper hatch today and assumed it included sat nav with the 6.5" visual boost package.

It does not. :crying:

I supposed what confused me is that previously any mini with a screen included sat nav, and this seems to be the first mini with multiple screen/visual options.

Does anyone know if the sat nav option can be added retroactively? If not I may opt for the snap on/off portable Nav unit.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Short answer: Nope. Sorry.

If you really want sat nav, there's always the MINI Portable Navigation XL. Better performance for about $1000 less.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Or you could spend £50 on the Tom Tom app for your smart phone. I would have liked to have ordered my car with the XL media pack but I just wasn't prepared to spend that much. So, I ordered visual boost and use my phone (suction cupped to the windscreen) when I need navigation.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Short answer: Nope. Sorry.

If you really want sat nav, there's always the MINI Portable Navigation XL. Better performance for about $1000 less.
****! I thought there was a chance seeing as the screen etc was already all there.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Or you could spend £50 on the Tom Tom app for your smart phone. I would have liked to have ordered my car with the XL media pack but I just wasn't prepared to spend that much. So, I ordered visual boost and use my phone (suction cupped to the windscreen) when I need navigation.
Thats a really good idea!

I'm still in shock that Mini go to the trouble of installing a screen and all the related bits and pieces but sat nav is still optional.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.