Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I have Visual Boost Radio and Excitement Pack as options. Car is 2016 F56 Mini Cooper.

What I don't have is a "driving excitement" option and correlating displays under the vehicle menu (for an example, power and torque display). I had this in a identical test car. Dealer tells me some cars have it some don't. WTF? Should I accept this?

Am I missing something or is this another option?

I can get driving excitement visuals via Mini Connected and iPhone but I am sure it should be there as an inbuilt feature and part of visual boost radio & excitement pack located in the menu without the need for Mini connected app & iPhone?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I've used it a handful of times, my car has Visual Boost w/ Chilli Pack so I presume they'll be something under this umbrella that includes those if your car isn't equipped with Chilli.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Guys, I have Visual Boost Radio and Excitement Pack as options. Car is 2016 F56 Mini Cooper.

What I don't have is a "driving excitement" option and correlating displays under the vehicle menu (for an example, power and torque display). I had this in a identical test car. Dealer tells me some cars have it some don't. WTF? Should I accept this?

Am I missing something or is this another option?

I can get driving excitement visuals via Mini Connected and iPhone but I am sure it should be there as an inbuilt feature and part of visual boost radio & excitement pack located in the menu without the need for Mini connected app & iPhone?

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Country?

Excitement pack should have it - it's under Vehicle Info and it's all the way at the bottom.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I test drove a manual with driving modes. Supposedly it changes braking and suspension.
Close, it changes throttle mapping, steering feedback, and if equipped with Dynamic Dampers, the suspension.

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Super Moderator
8,822 Posts
That's the badger! Mind you personally i feel a lot of clever marketing hype. It's cute and fun but essentially doesn't make the car a great deal different. If you have a mini cooper or cooper s without excitement you still have a car that's as quick and exciting without a graphical cute image and a bit firmer steering and more sensitive throttle that only make s it feel diiferent but doesnt go faster. Relax you have a truly great car and you're missing nothing but computer and marketing generated gimmick ness. Love it but pay for any extra mmmm maybe not!

·
Registered
226 Posts
That's the badger! Mind you personally i feel a lot of clever marketing hype. It's cute and fun but essentially doesn't make the car a great deal different. If you have a mini cooper or cooper s without excitement you still have a car that's as quick and exciting without a graphical cute image and a bit firmer steering and more sensitive throttle that only make s it feel diiferent but doesnt go faster. Relax you have a truly great car and you're missing nothing but computer and marketing generated gimmick ness. Love it but pay for any extra mmmm maybe not!
Not entirely true...yes, it does make the steering "heavier" and adjust the dampers on the suspension however the most noticeable perk is the throttle response. It increases the running boost from 11.something psi to 14.something psi and although when it's not in sport mode the ecu does allow for over boost it is only for brief periods whereas when in sport mode you get the constant increase all the time. With the jcw tuning kit add-on you also get an ecu re-map (more aggressive tune) and sport exhaust with muffler bypass for higher flow.

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Agreed. My test car had the modes but for active dampers. I am sure if you have active dampers there is a difference. For the life of me without the active dampers I could not tell the difference between normal and the sport mode. Eco was obviously a notable one. Perhaps if I had it longer or took it to the race track maybe I would feel the difference.

As I said I connect mini connected app and I get the sports instruments and force meter via that. Same graphics to impress the chicks. :). Beyond that not much use for it.

·
Super Moderator
8,822 Posts
Sport mode weights the steering and sharpens throttle response but am not aware it does anything to boost pressures; however i am not talking jcw here, just cooper and cooper s. I was of the understanding that sport mode simply sharpens the throttle and gives the pops (in the s, not the cooper). And yes if you have active dampers it alters them too.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Sport mode does not affect boost pressures - it merely makes that power more readily available.

Overboost is different and is indeed available on both the Cooper and Cooper S with or without driving modes and is engaged by pressing the throttle all the way down and pressing the "kickdown" switch. Overboost can be sustained for I think around 10 seconds.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.