Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - I have VB installed on my F55 and about two weeks ago I got in the car and noticed a snazzy start up graphic when I turned the ignition on....

I've tried to replicate it but have not been able to, anyone know what you have to do to make it happen again?

·
Registered
998 Posts
You mean when the interlocking circles spin round? I think you have to have the screenshowing this main graphic when you switch off so it goes directtly to it when you next start up

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep that's the one - I've only seen it the once.

So revert back to the main menu before I turn off the ignition? I'll give it a try at lunchtime (if it's stopped raining)

Many thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,872 Posts
I thought you had to let the radio go off of its own accord rather use the central switch. I posted a question on here about it a while ago.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Mine always appears when you start without first going into radio-ready state i.e.:

Open car
Foot on clutch
One press of start button

The engine will start after a couple of seconds of the single press of the start and the graphic always appears

If you do this:

Open car
Start button (radio-ready)
Foot on cluth
Start again to start engine

... then it doesn't appear.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought you had to let the radio go off of its own accord rather use the central switch. I posted a question on here about it a while ago.
Hi Jeremy - my radio never goes off on its own - I either have to turn it off with a second press of the start switch, or it goes off when I'm outside the car and I lock it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Many thanks to everyone that's commented - but I still can't get the thing to work, even with the clutch and one press technique...

I don't get the swirly graphic when I turn off or on - it's only ever happened once when I switched the car on.

im going to pick up a black grille from my dealer tomorrow so I'll mention it then, along with the flakey Bluetooth - might be all part of a bigger software issue.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Many thanks to everyone that's commented - but I still can't get the thing to work, even with the clutch and one press technique...

I don't get the swirly graphic when I turn off or on - it's only ever happened once when I switched the car on.

im going to pick up a black grille from my dealer tomorrow so I'll mention it then, along with the flakey Bluetooth - might be all part of a bigger software issue.

·
Registered
258 Posts

Hi there - just FYI, I can confirm that after my update there hasn't been an issue (so far) with the bluetooth. I get the feeling that the start-up connection with the BT is now slower, but that may well be because the fix was to disconnect and then reconnect the BT module each time.

·
Super Moderator
7,872 Posts
Hi Jeremy - my radio never goes off on its own - I either have to turn it off with a second press of the start switch, or it goes off when I'm outside the car and I lock it.
Yes or if you leave the car open which isn't a good idea it goes off after about 8 mins, or if you lock the car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
In the 5 or so months I've owned my F56, think I've only seen the startup animation a handful of times.

If you really want to force it to happen then you can hold down the power button (for like 10 seconds) and that causes the unit to restart which shows the animation as it reboots (only know this as mine has crashed a couple of times and had to do that to reboot it)

·
Registered
254 Posts
Guys... hold the radio power button down for 10 (long) seconds or so to reboot your visual boost and see the graphic.

It only swirls coming out of true OFF mode, but usually you don't leave your car long enough for it to leave Standby mode and for the car to fully power down.

Did you people not read every character of the manuals before your cars were delivered? ;) :p

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Guys... hold the radio power button down for 10 (long) seconds or so to reboot your visual boost and see the graphic.

It only swirls coming out of true OFF mode, but usually you don't leave your car long enough for it to leave Standby mode and for the car to fully power down.

Did you people not read every character of the manuals before your cars were delivered? ;) :p
Manual reboot doesn't work on mine, but I have Connected XL.

I usually see the startup graphic when I get in my car in the morning, but it is garaged and I leave it unlocked. When I open the door (long after the computers have all gone to sleep), I'll see the animation as I start up the car since everything starts booting up once I open the door.

If you are locking your car, when you unlock the doors, that's when the computers start booting up and it doesn't take long.

What I think is happening when people don't see the boot screen is that they the car finishes booting before they even start it up. In my case, I give the car less time to do so before I start it up, which is why I see it more frequently.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts