Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
1,206 Posts
I peaked 151 mph in a similar situation in my Focus ST. We had 2 GPS's in the car checking the speed, 3 guys & luggage on the way back from a WSBK race.

It is really strange how quickly you approach other vehicles at that speed.

· Registered
47 Posts
The 155mph in the OP equates to around 249kph. On the track day (stupidly wet and slippery) I had the sports auto up to 240kph and it felt very very grounded. It was a new experience for me though as i've never driven a car that fast. Was a joy :)

· Registered
217 Posts
Very cool to hear that our cars are that stable at those kinds of speeds.

The only time I ever went that fast was in my old Alpine B3S (E46). No one was around on a very long straight stretch of the toll road and I got it up to about 260kph before I got too nervous about the floating sensation I was getting, and chickened out from going all the way to the claimed top speed of 266kph.

I look forward to the chance to explore the upper limits of the JCW once she's fully broken in... :)

· Registered
1,896 Posts
Vrrooom! Yes, anything that speed and higher is exhilarating and great fun in a good stable vehicle. I often feel the need, the need for speed. Thanks for the report, unfortunately there are no roads here where we can achieve those speeds legally. Maybe I should take MITEY2 to the Texas Mile for a speed run! What, if any modifications have you made to your mini?

· Registered
217 Posts
Still breaking in my JCW but have to say that I am surprised how fast, stable and quiet this thing is when you are at speed. Am thinking I should probably upgrade the muffler or something as I am always going about 20-30kph faster than I think I am!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.