Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we've got the standard

"Navigate to"
"Trip computer"
"On-board computer"
"Perspective"

and so on, which I used to use (or variations of) in my R56 and last generation BMs, but what are the slightly more weird and wonderful ones.

It blew my mind last weekend when I discovered I could say "Track " and the name of any mp3 and it would find it without fail. You can also say "Search Composer" if the metadata has a songwriter in it.

Does anyone have any discoveries?

Thanks

Reactions: daydotz

·
Registered
48 Posts
When selecting tracks I say all sorts to her then start arguing when she says did you say....
NO I DIDN'T!!!, it's fun though with the suggestions returned sometimes LOL.
other commands though on mine (media pack XL)
Navigation (then various commands like input destination, start guidance, stop guidance etc.)
D.A.B.
Media
I think "Display Off" turns off the led ring (used to use that on a night but I think it looks too cool to turn off)
If I remember right when you enter the owners manual on the system you can view the various commands too, most of them though are just saying items that appear on your menu.
It's great when you ask for a track and it asks you where you want to go!, ahh the fun of the voice commands!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
If you have your home address programmed in the right spot on the navi, you can say "Take me home" and it will route you home. In the US, anyway...I think the command is different in the UK.

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
The one I love is the phone...

"Call Sue" and it asks me if I meant "Sue" then dials the number. Using Siri is cool to, as it has so much functionality.

"Send a text to Sue saying I'm on my way", and it does !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.