Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just ordered a Mini Cooper (In Europe). The dealer said that starting production in November, Volcanic Orange will become a payment option.

Anyone has any news if other colours then becomes free? I Ordered VO still.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put it in as a condition for the purchase that they would cover it if it becomes an issue (my production run will be just before or into November), and actually I have a mail from Mini Denmark stating they will cover it in that case.

Most Mini's in Denmark are white/grey/black - but I find the VO very pleasing

· Super Moderator
8,894 Posts
Hee hee true Dave, get on ebay chim chim go fast plenty on there will mix you a pot. I have one for all our cars between £3 and£5 and perfect matches.

· Registered
2,212 Posts

· Registered
2,212 Posts
Hee hee true Dave, get on ebay chim chim go fast plenty on there will mix you a pot. I have one for all our cars between £3 and£5 and perfect matches.
Is this touch up paint?

Have you the link although touch wood no chips yet :)

I did mark a wheel last week, travelling through a village with a narrow road a coach was coming at me, if I'd held ny ground it would have been worse I'm sure! So need to touch that in as well..

· Registered
17 Posts
Hi,

I've just ordered a Mini Cooper (In Europe). The dealer said that starting production in November, Volcanic Orange will become a payment option.

Anyone has any news if other colours then becomes free? I Ordered VO still.
I ordered a MINI some weeks ago in Denmark. I got the same message from the dealer about VO not being available as a cost free colour from November onwards. As my car will be produced in November, they couldn't offer me VO without the extra charge, so I chose Moonwalk Grey which will be the new cost free colour.

VO looks really sporty, but with all the other options I had already chosen I was too stingy to pay for the paint job. However, the Moonwalk Grey isn't too bad either if you go full black on interior, roof, bonnet stripes and alloys :)

· Registered
2,082 Posts
Metallic colored paints should cost more but none of the other colors imo! I believe VO was free originally because MINI was pushing this new color with the F56 plain & simple. Now that it's not "new" anymore they are reverting back to the more standard colors I suppose, if it's true that VO is no longer free (or more correctly put - not extra $).

I haven't bought a new car in many years, and the last time I did very few colors "if any" were more cost! But, like I said metallic colors are not a one step process so they do take more work to apply, at least that used to be the case,

VO is still one of my favorites, but I prefer going stealth & not drawing attention so VO did not get the box checked on my order sheet....love it nonetheless!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.