Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've just ordered a Mini Cooper (In Europe). The dealer said that starting production in November, Volcanic Orange will become a payment option.

Anyone has any news if other colours then becomes free? I Ordered VO still.

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Seriously? More money. Mind it is becoming a bit too popular! That may only leave white as free!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put it in as a condition for the purchase that they would cover it if it becomes an issue (my production run will be just before or into November), and actually I have a mail from Mini Denmark stating they will cover it in that case.

Most Mini's in Denmark are white/grey/black - but I find the VO very pleasing

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Me too! Good idea (get it in writing). Still free on on configurator atm but that may change in November!

·
Registered
966 Posts
I was waiting for this to happen..... I heard a rumour about a strike at the Volcanic Orange mine last month, so it was just a matter of time before it became more expensive.....;) I wish I'd stock piled the touch up kits now.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I haven't been able to get a touch up kit for mine, local dealer doesn't stock them for all colors and I'm not making a drive for a special order by itself.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
Hee hee true Dave, get on ebay chim chim go fast plenty on there will mix you a pot. I have one for all our cars between £3 and£5 and perfect matches.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Hee hee true Dave, get on ebay chim chim go fast plenty on there will mix you a pot. I have one for all our cars between £3 and£5 and perfect matches.
Is this touch up paint?

Have you the link although touch wood no chips yet :)

I did mark a wheel last week, travelling through a village with a narrow road a coach was coming at me, if I'd held ny ground it would have been worse I'm sure! So need to touch that in as well..

·
Super Moderator
8,217 Posts
fiona_mcgowan123 Ebay id number 427129, in northern ireland also on pot label is autopaint direct. Good price superb match. Poor you re the wheel so annoying! As you say could have been worse i suppose!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,

I've just ordered a Mini Cooper (In Europe). The dealer said that starting production in November, Volcanic Orange will become a payment option.

Anyone has any news if other colours then becomes free? I Ordered VO still.
I ordered a MINI some weeks ago in Denmark. I got the same message from the dealer about VO not being available as a cost free colour from November onwards. As my car will be produced in November, they couldn't offer me VO without the extra charge, so I chose Moonwalk Grey which will be the new cost free colour.

VO looks really sporty, but with all the other options I had already chosen I was too stingy to pay for the paint job. However, the Moonwalk Grey isn't too bad either if you go full black on interior, roof, bonnet stripes and alloys :)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Metallic colored paints should cost more but none of the other colors imo! I believe VO was free originally because MINI was pushing this new color with the F56 plain & simple. Now that it's not "new" anymore they are reverting back to the more standard colors I suppose, if it's true that VO is no longer free (or more correctly put - not extra $).

I haven't bought a new car in many years, and the last time I did very few colors "if any" were more cost! But, like I said metallic colors are not a one step process so they do take more work to apply, at least that used to be the case,

VO is still one of my favorites, but I prefer going stealth & not drawing attention so VO did not get the box checked on my order sheet....love it nonetheless!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts