Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, the suspense is just killing me. I am yet to see "anyone" configure a VO JCW 3 Dr Hardtop!

I was sold on a VO MCS until I went to the dark side with my Midnight Black Metallic JCW. But, I've always wondered what a new F56 JCW in VO would look like.

Anyone see one yet?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, VO is not allowed on JCW. Ze germans have deemed it to silly...

Oh, orange with red roof & mirrors with dinamica leather JCW seats and 18" JCW cup spoke two-tone wheels...oh yeah!!!!!

Now THAT would really POP! :D

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Doesn't look like the configurator will "allow" a chilli red roof & side mirrors with a volcanic orange JCW hardtop....oh poo! :( Won't even allow JCW bonnet stripes on VO!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Goes Ok with the Black Roof & Stripes with the Cup rims..

Red would be a bit "clashy" IMO

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Goes Ok with the Black Roof & Stripes with the Cup rims..

Red would be a bit "clashy" IMO

Of course it is! That's the whole point! :)

Reactions: donnaj1dlh and AVP

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sense prevails!

Orange with red roof is just wrong.

But a red roof is fine on just about "every other color" now isn't it? This is why I posed the question in the first place. JCW's have "classic" RED in their DNA...it's everywhere else on the car including the front grill bar.....so why not the roof?

It would be fun to see that anyway. I've yet to see a VO JCW in any combination though....makes one wonder.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Super Moderator
8,208 Posts
I reckon a red roof on vo might be a step too far even for mini but you never know someone might. My wife wouldn't let me have the red colour line ie dash bit with my vo or the lihght grey.!!! Or or or.....

·
Registered
186 Posts
Then y'all are gonna hate mine when it's done. I'm doing graphics that include hot pink, yellow, burnt orange and black on my VO.

I tried to build a VO with red roof a while back, I think it would be cool. Can't be any worse than the Rebel Green with Red. Don't get me wrong I love green with red, my bedroom is actually green and white with red accents everywhere, I'm just in love with that green with red. I'd do a Rebel Green with body color roof.

Annette

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Then y'all are gonna hate mine when it's done. I'm doing graphics that include hot pink, yellow, burnt orange and black on my VO.

I tried to build a VO with red roof a while back, I think it would be cool. Can't be any worse than the Rebel Green with Red. Don't get me wrong I love green with red, my bedroom is actually green and white with red accents everywhere, I'm just in love with that green with red. I'd do a Rebel Green with body color roof.

Annette
Agree Annette ..... BRG and red just doesn't agree with my eyes at all ......

·
Registered
508 Posts
Orange with red roof is just wrong.
I was pleased to see that the colour combination I chose on my 2nd generation Roadster - silver stripes on silver paintwork, which I thought rather subtle - was discontinued after I got it. I'm kinda proud to think my choice was 'banned', presumably for not being ostentatious enough?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Posted this one earlier from Dubai launch........looks good with the black but you could always get the roof wrapped red!!!!!;)

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Posted this one earlier from Dubai launch........looks good with the black but you could always get the roof wrapped red!!!!!;)
I forgot about that pic...would like to see the front shot (but then again those Dubai JCW's don't have the red grill piece do they?) Roof rails on a JCW?

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yeah all chrome:( Must have an aerodynamic roof box ready to fit!!!!!!
Don't think there were any other shots of VO model.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I asked my JCW MINI named "Uncle Jim" and he says there are three excellent color choices for JCW models

1. RED :laugh:

2. Chili RED :x

3. Hot Chili RED >:D

...a little biased me thinks....:rolleyes::rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts