Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am torn between silver white and volcano orange Cooper SD.
I am scared of all the bugs and insects on the bright orange colour in summer.
What Did you guys experience is with bright colours?
Especially when you drive a lot of highway miles?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have only had mine since December, but it is Volcanic Orange not volcano.

Colour is not going to make any difference to the amount of bugs splattered on the front.

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
235 Posts
Plus I cannot understand why you are even considering any colour but Orange, is it not the Dutch national colour, and it stands out more and is a no extra cost.
Even though I am bias because I have a VO F56.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Get a beast.

Silver White is for girly men, get an orange beast and be seen.:eek::eek:

·
Registered
216 Posts
I have to concur with my fellow Team VO colleagues. I got mine in October so no real bug issues yet, but I can't see how splattered bugs would be better on a silver coat. No matter what color you'll want to wash them off post haste, no?! Follow your heart, color is emotional. My MC stands out in every parking lot it lands in.

·
Super Moderator
7,899 Posts
I agree just can't stop looking at mine still. Love.it.Totally love it and the love grows day by day.. Those harvest bugs seemed to like it but a few just sat on it for a bit and flew off.No splats.everyone gets those when they drive that's more frontal area than colour.and speed tee hee.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have a volcanic orange sd,and im looking forward to the odd red specks of blood from insects,will give it that pearlescent look lol. Orange is the way to go more so you being from the orange country...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Yeah i already signed for a white silver w/blackroof SD a few weeks ago but my sales rep told me i can change the colour till next week.
I am now thinking about VO with VO roof and black bonnet stripes.
And get keyless entry and sport suspension in stead of the metallic paint.
But i can't find pictures of this configuration they all have the black roof.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yeah i already signed for a white silver w/blackroof SD a few weeks ago but my sales rep told me i can change the colour till next week.
I am now thinking about VO with VO roof and black bonnet stripes.
And get keyless entry and sport suspension in stead of the metallic paint.
But i can't find pictures of this configuration they all have the black roof.
Mines vo body,black roof and black bonnet stripes,the black breaks up the orange. It needs black roof too,but that just my opinion. Without it it just seems too much orange. Take a look at mine may help ya or not however it turns out

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I live on a dirt road, and I've noticed that VO is far better at hiding dust and dirt than any I expected. I was always washing my Horizon Blue Metallic R56, but I can skip a week or two with the F56 and there's no problem except for the black roof.

Get the Sport Suspension.

·
Super Moderator
7,899 Posts
Get on the configurator. Mini uk if not in your country!

·
Registered
107 Posts
We were torn between White Silver and VO too....both fab colours in different ways!

In the end we went down the safer route and ordered White Silver with Black Roof....were still happy with that choice and can't wait to take delivery :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Go with your gut on color...they're all great. I would have gotten orange, but my wife's car is orange too. I originally ordered deep blue metallic (arrived damaged), and ended up with white silver...and love it!!!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
White silver was my second choice. It looks spectacular in the sunshine.

Glad I went with VO though. It just makes you SMILE! The MINI has character by the bucket load, give it a jacket to match :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
My first car was blue (a 1969 Chevelle). Next car, navy blue but essentially black. Next car, black. Next car... black. Had another one in there that was... navy blue.

New Mini... VOLCANIC ORANGE, BABY.

I don't know why, but it just works on a Mini where it would look insane on most other cars. And since my nickname IS Tiger... Still, it's going to blow my friends' minds. Something I'm very much looking forward to seeing. This is the closest I've come to having a car that's an actual color in decades. It will startle me every time I see it for months... and that will make me happy.

If only the stupid thing would GET ON A BOAT AND QUIT SITTING AROUND...

·
Registered
280 Posts
VO - You'll always be able to find it in a parking lot.>:D

Reactions: jeremybingham

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Changed a lot of options last minute!

Went for pepper white with the black MINI Yours leather seats and ster
ering wheel which looked very nice in person.
Ditched the XL satnav and JCW interior for it.
Changed the wheels to black and it's a complete different car now but I'm very happy with my decision.

Mini Cooper SD

Pepper white no roof color.
Salt package
Victory spoke black 16"
LED headlights
Yours leather carbon black
Yours steering wheel
Anthracite roof lining
Climate control
Dab tuner
Driving modes

It will arrive in May, can't wait!!