Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Ordered Mini Cooper S F55 with sport automatic transmission on Monday and now anxiously waiting for the car to arrive. Some of the options unfortunately pushed the delivery time forward and the expected time is early July. I’m trying to keep away from the options list, since the order is still open for spec changes.

Some details:
Blazing Red II Metallic (B83) color with white roof and bonnet stripes. Standard Cooper S interior (sport seats, double stripe carbon black) with color line glowing red option (4F3). It's coming with the 16" Loop Spoke Silver rims. I was seriously considering to have 17" rims, but the consensus seems to be that 16" is the way to go. Most probably will get them painted white.

In addition to the standard Cooper S options, I got the (euro spec) Pepper package (containing e.g. Radio MINI Visual Boost, MINI Connected, MINI Excitement, LED interior lighting package, automatic air con, storage package, automatic windshield wipers, etc), center armrest, JCW steering wheel, anthracite headliner, parking assistant, LED fog and headlights, auto dimming rear view mirror and power fold mirrors.

Can’t wait for it! Will be a long summer….

Reactions: Tiger

·
Registered
111 Posts
Blazing Red II Metallic (B83) color with white roof and bonnet stripes. Standard Cooper S interior (sport seats, double stripe carbon black) with color line glowing red option (4F3). It's coming with the 16" Loop Spoke Silver rims. I was seriously considering to have 17" rims, but the consensus seems to be that 16" is the way to go. Most probably will get them painted white.
Welcome - sounds like a lovely MINI you've got there (well...almost got). I'm in a similar boat - just ordered and the wait already seems interminable.

BTW, I went back and forth on the 16/17" issue as well and if it is any consolation after reading the forums I came to the same conclusion as you did.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm still a bit wondering on the tyre size, wondering if it will look too small... Have been browsing web for pics, visited dealership, etc. At times I think 16" looks great and sometimes 17" seems to be the way to go. I like the look of Loop Spoke rims with the Mini, and since that is not available 17" I think I will stick with the 16" for now. (I went 19" with my current Beetle and ended up doing additional suspension mods by upgrading vw standard sports suspension to eibach kit to get a decent ride...)

I would like to have the roof rails, but since those are only available in matt black and I want to have white roof I have to do without.

BTW, Electric Blue was my second choice for the color. Back when I was a kid (under 10 or so), my uncle used to have a original Cooper in red with a white roof and I thought it was the coolest car in the world. That's why red is the color for Mini for me. I also used to have 1st gen BMW-Mini Cooper; a red one with a white roof.... :)

Reactions: AarnMunro

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just ordered mine on April 25 at Toronto, dealership also told me the expected delivery date will be somewhere around Mid June to end of July. My car is in Pepper White (black roof) with Essential package, LED package, Wired Navigation package, Fully loaded packaged, Visibility package. Personally I like to have bigger rims, so I have also upgraded my rims to 17" black rims.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...just got email from my sales rep. Production date has been pushed back and the expected date of birth is now 27th of July.

I was told that the availability of the 2l engine is currently limited. He said that there had been some hopes of getting additional production allocation for the 2l MCS, but those did not work out. Not sure if he referred to the country production allocations or the overall production constraints. The later is probably also a possibility since the same engine is used by 1 and 3 series and both have just received facelifts...

So the wait for Red will be couple of weeks longer than what was originally anticipated. Annoying, especially since I managed found a buyer for my Beetle and it seems that we have to manage with one car for few months... :(

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just received email from salesguy. Status of my Mini has has been updated and it's now in production. Nice suprise. First it was pushed forward by four weeks and the production date is actually two weeks earlier than what I was told when I signed the order... Can't wait!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So typical. Car is already in production and now I found out that Loop Spoke rims are also available in 17". Sales guy was not aware of this since they are not listed on their price sheets, but I managed found a part number for them and he confirmed that the rims really do exist.

Changing the rims would be bit too steep at this point, since it would basically mean that I would need to buy the rims and new set of 17" tyres. I'll rather use that money for JCW Tuning Kit...

;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Received word today that the car is waiting to be shipped at the origin. Estimated delivery on the week of 27th of July. Gosh, July will be a awfully long month this year....

·
Registered
254 Posts
I've had the JCW tuning kit on order for a month and a half and it's still not been dispatched from Germany... My parts dealer said that its new to the F55 and they seem to be unsure about shipping them, for whatever reason...

He said it might start to leave Germany from next week, then make its way to the UK dealerships.

I can't wait anymore!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
in the mean time, search the net for the tonnes of things that you can do with the MINI!
Have already been doing way too much of that. I also does not help that whenever the sales guy contacts me, he likes to bring up the availability of the JCW Tuning Kit... >:D

Only thing I've been planning so far is have it coated to keep is shiny. (Probably either with Silver One or C.Quartz. Have had Silver One coating on couple of cars now, have been happy with it but would like to see how C.Quartz would work out. )

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Delivery to take place on Thursday morning. Did not manage to sleep properly even last night and it's still two more nights to delivery....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Could not hold back on it any more and ordered JCW Tuning Kit. Installation will take place on May 16th.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have had the JCW Tuning Kit for little over a week now. The car was not a slug before either, but I have to say that the difference the kit makes is huge. It feels so much more than just the 20hp increase. Love the improved soundtrack as well. It's noticeably louder with more aggressive tune, without being obnoxious. (Or so I think, neighbors might have different opinion.) Double-click off the JCW button does make it quite loud though... :)

One situation when the soundtrack is noticeably different is on a cold start. It feels that the car revs up more and for a longer time than before. IMO the sound is also a lot louder than before; almost as if the exhaust valve would be open for few seconds. That of course can not be the case. There has been couple of occasions when I've gotten a feeling that the automatic transmission does a little more slipping and that shift points are not as logical than before the tuning.

Fuel consumption has increased noticeably, around 1.0l/100km, but that might have more to do with me than the tuning. :)

I had JCW as a loaner during the installation. I might be biased, but I actully liked the MCS+Tuning Kit combination more than the full JCW experience. Although I like my cars relatively firm, to me JCW was a bit too agressive and the ride slightly too harsh. Might be interesting to know how the JCW would ride with an inch less aggressive alloys. (Although I suspect that due to stiffness of the suspension the combination would not work; tyre would end up doing too much work.)

Have to say that I would 100% recommend the tuning kit to any MCS owner. Sure, it's bit on the expensive side but if you like your Mini to have a bit more oomph and like to retain warranty, service contracts and resale value it's not a bad deal.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.