Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
How do I adjust the screen washer jets on my F56? A pin? Or being a Mini, is it a bit more complicated???:eek:
Cheers:)

·
Super Moderator
7,872 Posts
Think a pin is the tried and trusted way.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Pins are great for those single-hole jets of old. But my car sprays a wide fan; I'm not sure a pin would be a good thing to stick in there.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I tried with a flat edged screwdriver. Thought it would click upwards in defined steps, in the way my 1 series Bmw did. There was no give at all, and I chickened out, worried it might snap.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My front wipers make a nice fanned mist on the windshield. The rear wiper sprays a lousy, single stream of liquid. Am I missing an atomizer head back there or is this the way they all are??

·
Registered
25 Posts
washer jets hit low part of windscreen

Hi Glad someone else wants to adjust the jets. Both my car's jets hit the lower part of the screen. Is this normal.

Also has anyone managed to find out the capacity of the the washer fluid bottle?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Another windscreen wash related question.

I have always used distilled water to mix concentrated washer fluid as I believed the purity of the water avoided hard water deposits that blocked the jets.
However the manual states, "Do not add windshield washer concentrate and antifreeze undiluted and do not fill with pure water; this could damage the wiper system."

Apparently distilled water has higher levels of acidity than tap water. Could this be the reason for this warning?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Broadly speaking water can only have a pH of 7.0

I think they mean to say do not fill with only water or undiluted washer fluids. Blend the two in a separate container, as you are, and top-up from that.

Like you say in hard-water areas using tap water will generate jet blocking deposits. I normally mix my concentrate with "Value" spring water from the local supermarket which works for me.

Regards Bob

·
Registered
508 Posts
The parts guy at my local BMW dealer (the Mini part is an offshoot of it) says they have had many BMWs with washer problems that were solved by using BMW's own washer fluid. Seems implausible but he's right about most things.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts