1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Thank you for the add.

Angel from Atlanta GA here.

Out of all cars out there under $50K today in the USA, with 4 passengers capabilities, have found the MiNI to be the most fun.

Looking at a 2018; F56; JCW; Manual Trans with 19,000 miles.

Very new to MINI engines/ mechanics.

Out of all cars out there under $50K today in the USA, with 4 passengers capabilities, have found the MiNI to be the most fun.

Anything I should consider?
What should I look for when test driving the car?
Was this 2018 Gen 3 mostly corrected by then?
is it smart buying extended warranty? If so with who would you buy?

Any imput will be appreciated.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hello All,

Thank you for the add.

Angel from Atlanta GA here.

Looking at a 2018; F56; JCW; Manual Trans with 19,000 miles.

Very new to MINI engines/ mechanics.

Anything I should consider?
What should I look for when test driving the car?
Was this 2018 Gen 3 mostly corrected by then?
is it smart buying extended warranty? If so with who would you buy?

Any imput will be appreciated.
Hey there, I don’t have much to add except that you can definitely fit 4 passengers but not for long hauls. Also of course there’s no power seats so getting stuff in and out of the backseat can become tedious if you’re like me and are constantly hauling around stuff, and I have found it to be absurd and annoying that there is no lighting in the backseat, I can never find anything back there, there’s no dome lighting no under seat lighting for a car so obsessed beautiful ambient lighting.

also as you know that car comes with a four year 50,000 mile warranty, and with any new car these days especially BMWs I highly recommend getting an extended warranty from Mini/BMW even small stuff can add up quick and in the long run it’s probably gonna be cheaper to add an extended warranty, depending on the potential repairs you need, and it might be transferable. Even though that extended warranty would not cover the clutch, as it is considered a wear and tear part. However I was pleasantly surprised that my 2019 mini Cooper S that I took over lease came with the mini maintenance plus which covers brake pads and the clutch for three years and 36,000 miles along with the free maintenance. I have the six speed Aisin automatic but I have heard that the getrag manual transmission that manuals would come with is pretty robust but you never know. I have had no issues but I only have 13,000 miles…

1 - 4 of 4 Posts