Mini Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it could be that. However, it did seem like a lot of water for about 20 minutes of driving.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just found this spot on my f55 the other day while searching for a rattling heat shield or something that sounds like it.
I believe the water is either from the a/c or rain duct from the upper engine area behind the strut towers.
If you look behind the battery there are what look to be drain holes with a plastic screen. I'm going to guess it all runs down from the roof or sunroof tracks. I'm going to see if mine are filled with debris all the way to the bottom where your picture comes I to play.
Going to try and attach a pic of the motor side of that tunnel. Automotive tire Bicycle fork Mesh Bicycle part Automotive exterior

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it probably is this, I’ve checked all my other fluids and they are all fine. Out of curiosity, how long does your mini engine take to cook down? I’ve noticed that I can go back to mine and the temp is still basically at normal operating temp.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes it probably is this, I’ve checked all my other fluids and they are all fine. Out of curiosity, how long does your mini engine take to cook down? I’ve noticed that I can go back to mine and the temp is still basically at normal operating temp.
It does take a while. Like an hour or so before I can mess with some spots. I think it's the turbo heat because my 2013 Countryman is the same way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts